Worst music library organisation ever? Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ListenUpGuys

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how bad the music library is on WP8. Tracks are grouped into albums only if the album name and the artist name are the same. So if you've got an album where the tracks are by different artists, tough. Microsoft is not aware of such albums. I've never seen anything else use such irrational and small-minded logic.

I'm not even going to bother writing any more. All that will happen is teenagers raving about how this approach is the best and is brilliant and everything should be done this way. That's all that ever happens on here. I only really post here to prove them wrong.

I'm tired of Windows Phone being crap at everything. It's good at emails. Oh no wait it isn't cos you can't attach an Office doc in a reply. So very limited actually.

Bring on VLC.

e1ys1um

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree, the music library is pants, coming from an iphone and this has been my main gripe, well this and podcasts bit that's another story!

For me it will decide from day to day whether it'll decide to stay on shuffle like I selected the last time I was on. Something small but it annoys the heck out of me.

Next gripe, album art. More than one album or two + singles from the same artist, will it show the individual art related to that track? Nope it just picks one image and that's it for every track by that artist, so annoying.
I know its not my tagging or artwork as they play and are identified perfectly in windows media player, itunes and on the iPhone.

Little things that spoil the overall experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05