Cant find Map option in "Find my phone" on windowsphone.com

saurabhsdwivedi

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I am unable to see the map option for my phone in the "Find my phone " Option that windows has for locating lost phones.
I am able to ring my phone.
Its just that its not visible on a map like it should be.
Dont know if the feature is available here in India,
My data settings are on.
phone battery is 90%
Location is turned on.

Please let me know if you know what i am doin wrong or is this feature simply not available for WP available in India.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
The feature is available in India, it has always showed the location of my phones (WP7 and 8) on the map. As you said it also successfully rings your phone.

Under "find my phone" settings on your phone, do you have both the options enabled? Specifically the second one which says: "Save my phone's location periodically and before the battery runs out to make it easier to find"

saurabhsdwivedi

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi Techno Freak,
Thank you for your reply.
I tried login in using the US link for website you posted still that option is not visible(picture attached)
Also as for your earlier query of whether i have enabled both options in my cell phone settings.Well the Find my phone setting in my cell has just only one option "Send apps to my phone using push notifications" ...Thats it the option that you have written is not on here(picture attached).Please help.
WindowsphoneUS.JPGwp_ss_20130324_0002[1].png

vivek pareek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i am also having the same problem in locating my phone form windowsphone.com(both Indian and US version).Also, as saurabh said, i have only one option in my phone setting>find my phone.
Please help !!

radu191289

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Well if you are outside of USA and you are not using Nokia... many functions are missing... bty I just realized I can see my wp8 on map in Romania. Last time I checked this was not available.

umang_k91

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
this feature is not available in india unfortunately. it used to work here on my lumia 800, but now they have dropped support for it. dont know why though... hope it comes back

CodeGEN

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I today faced the same problem , I was seeing my phone on the map before but right now ( after GDR2 update ) cant see it on the map. Location:Turkey

Adelina Kaytara

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Buna. eu am o problema mai mare.. de fiecare data cand dau pe find my phone imi deschide pagina de how to... nu imi aceseaza aplicatia, asta fiind logata pe windowsphone.com . Nu stii oare de ce? .. Poate nu fac eu ceva bine. Merci

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss