Interface Language not fully translated

smeshko

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone ! So, I bought a new Windows 8 All-in-One that came with German Windows pre-installed. Since I'm not much of a german fan, I wanted to make the interface in english. I downloaded the language pack and set it as default, but not everything was translated. For example, I still get the german Not Responding message and also some of the Settings Menus in Metro Apps are still in german. Does anybody know a solution ?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this also happens with phones. I have a German Trophy, although I've set it to English, it goes back to German after updates and I get notifications in German some times. I also have a Samsung Galaxy2 from Greece and the same thing happens, in fact Kies gives me instructions in Greek from time to time.

I have a U.S. laptop and when I go to France, common links like google.com, msnbc.com change to google.fr and msnbc.fr, then when I come back to the U.S. I am still stuck on ***.fr for many sites.

I am not sure there is much you can do since the country code on your all in one is set to Germany. Flashing to a different country code, maybe? but flashing can go bad so it's dangerous. I hope somebody has a solution for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05