Windows 8 Blue leaked

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This will change over time. As the OS evolves, so will the API. They didn't migrate those applications because the Metro API is not ready for them yet and doesn't support all the functionality they needed. Once the API evolves and supports the functionality, these apps will get converted. Then that also means the API will be ready for other big apps like Photoshop and Matlab to be converted. This will all happen along with phasing out the desktop, but it's a little further down the road.

And remember, not EVERYTHING will be cross platform. There will be metro apps that only work on desktops and not on tablets or phones.

I'm in engineering and I can easily say that all the design tools I use will NEVER be ported to Metro. Heck, most of them don't even support Win7 all of the way yet.
There will always be a need for command line windows with the stuff I do. The design tool programmers will move to Linux before they port to Metro...

1101x10

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm in engineering and I can easily say that all the design tools I use will NEVER be ported to Metro. Heck, most of them don't even support Win7 all of the way yet.
There will always be a need for command line windows with the stuff I do. The design tool programmers will move to Linux before they port to Metro...

You can already create a Metro app with C++/DirectX so you could entirely replicate a Windows desktop GUI if you wanted. But that's not necessarily the best approach.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
You can already create a Metro app with C++/DirectX so you could entirely replicate a Windows desktop GUI if you wanted. But that's not necessarily the best approach.

You will be booted from the app store for such approach. Metro is a design language a philosophy, Microsoft themselves stated that they have no idea how to use metro design language for applications with a lot of commands. So the idea is try and replicate it and you will not respect metro design language and be banned from windows store.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Windows 8 the OS is independent of the "type" of machine you use it on.

So, both.

😁

Sorry, I saw your emoticon and had to see if mine worked too. They used to didn't work in forums inside the app (you can see it on a PC) It used to say :smile: or something similar when u inserted the little character.....ok lets see if it shows up...😌😁😉😖

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Id like to see windows 8 interact with wp8 more. One thing is being able to connect via Bluetooth so I can check my texts on my tablet that I'm already on without having to pull my phone out of my pocket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos