What feature will you miss the most?

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Truly - if you want a smooth OS and variety in hardware with good technology and a lot of base apps baked right in go for WP8. But if we are all being honest - if you want apps - go with the iPhone. IPhone obviously has ALL of the big apps (even wordament, Skype and photosynth), but look at the convenience ones, like for Disney, your local TV station, CNBC, any magazine you pick up - they all have an iPhone app - none carry WP8 apps.
I'm a proud owner of a 920, had my wife get a HD7 when it came out years ago, finally gonna get her an iPhone because of the continued lack if app support. She needs some basic ines for her job and wants the new Disney fastpass app.
I plan to stick with Nokia and cherish what i like best (Office, baked in functions and functionality of home screen) and I'll keep saying - maybe next year we can have all of the mainstream apps

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Truly - if you want a smooth OS and variety in hardware with good technology and a lot of base apps baked right in go for WP8. But if we are all being honest - if you want apps - go with the iPhone. IPhone obviously has ALL of the big apps (even wordament, Skype and photosynth), but look at the convenience ones, like for Disney, your local TV station, CNBC, any magazine you pick up - they all have an iPhone app - none carry WP8 apps.
I'm a proud owner of a 920, had my wife get a HD7 when it came out years ago, finally gonna get her an iPhone because of the continued lack if app support. She needs some basic ines for her job and wants the new Disney fastpass app.
I plan to stick with Nokia and cherish what i like best (Office, baked in functions and functionality of home screen) and I'll keep saying - maybe next year we can have all of the mainstream apps

So what feature will you miss the most? I think I missed it in that post talking about apps and stuff :p

hitchhiker90

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Live tiles. I'm constantly looking at them for new messages and weather. After that I think it would be facebook integration since its easy to just click on the Me hub and do a check in or People hub to view facebook updates.

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
So what feature will you miss the most? I think I missed it in that post talking about apps and stuff :p

live tiles - love them, as I saw someone else post - always looking at them. Office - in particular exchange, finally the baked in functions of the OS (things others need apps for).

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
That calendar is the first I've heard!

Most users aren't really happy with the calendar but probably because of how it looks rather than functions
Yep, I get this reference about breaking the calendar. My wife's ip###e 4s unilaterally deleted every meeting she had and sent cancellation notices to all the other participants. She had to un-link from exchange at work.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Skydrive integration
Copy and paste
Keyboard polish
Pin to start
Lock screen notifications
External camera button (to launch camera, I don't use to take pictures)

Other platforms have advantages, but the lack of the things I've listed drive me crazy on other platforms.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's available on iOS and Android... sure, it took Apple like six years to realize people actually WANTED that, but it's there now.

I think he means "how" it's implemented. Most features are available on all OS' out there but mostly the way it's implemented in WP makes it so beautiful!

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there one key feature, however obvious or ordinary, that you discovered with Windows Phone that you will miss if you were to swap OS? For me it only needed 2 minutes of using my old HTC Sensation XL this morning (don't ask!). I had to use Shazam on it to tag a song and in that 2 minutes of swiping to second home screen, opening Shazam (and waiting), tagging and getting results - I realized, if my WP is taken away from me I would miss my Bing Music Search, A LOT!What is your favourite bit that you are so used to now on WP, that you will pine for it like Romeo for his Juliet?
The calendar. I know people hate it, buy it's so easy to use and I love being able to add people and email them reminders of events.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think he means "how" it's implemented. Most features are available on all OS' out there but mostly the way it's implemented in WP makes it so beautiful!

Exactly. I like the way it's done on WP the best with iOS second. It's so quick and easy to copy a link and paste it with WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire