Micro SD card in windows phone 8

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I am planning to get Nokia Lumia 720 and this phone uses micro SD card to expand the storage, just wondering is there anyone uses micro SD card to expand the storage.
Can we save the photo (camera roll) into micro SD card? Does the phone significantly slow when pull data from micro SD card?
Thank you.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Can we save the photo (camera roll) into micro SD card? Does the phone significantly slow when pull data from micro SD card?
Thank you.

When you put the micro SD card into the phone asks if you want to save photos and music to the SD card. If you click Yes it will create the appropriate folder and change the camera and music settings to do this.

I've not noticed any slowdown when taking photos. Just make sure you get a fast micro SD card (I think they recommend at least speed Class 4 - I have a Class 10 in my phone).

hirawan77

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.
I read in this forum that windows phone with 512MB RAM will not get upgrade to the next windows phone (WP9). Is that true?
I am not a heavy game user but I would like to have the latest OS at least upgrade-able to the next version.

OzRob

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.
I read in this forum that windows phone with 512MB RAM will not get upgrade to the next windows phone (WP9). Is that true?
I am not a heavy game user but I would like to have the latest OS at least upgrade-able to the next version.

I doubt this is true. It would affect a number of phones that have just been released (like the Nokia Lumia 720), and I can't see Microsoft completely rewriting the core OS again to the point of making current hardware obsolete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo