Facebook keeps displaying notifications from hours ago?

hexapixel

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
For some reason the Facebook app on my phone keeps going off showing notifications for messages/comments I received hours ago, and they won't stop coming in. This happening to anyone else?

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
this happens to most people, its been happening to me since I got a Windows Phone last July and hasn't been fixed since. No updates since early December and the Facbook for Windows Phone page has been abandoned since July 1st last year. Way to go Microsoft.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, mine seems to actually be on time with updates since this morning :/

Will see how it goes throughout the day.

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I get week old notifications sometimes. F*** this abandonware. It seems like Nokia is the only one doing something for the WP platform, f*** knows what MSFT is doing. Facebook is the most essential app for majority of users and it hasn't been updated in almost a year.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I get week old notifications sometimes. F*** this abandonware. It seems like Nokia is the only one doing something for the WP platform, f*** knows what MSFT is doing. Facebook is the most essential app for majority of users and it hasn't been updated in almost a year.

When Microsoft released Pandora you did not say MS does nothing. Or you think that considering you get Pandora free usage until end of the year this app was not sponsored by MS? Microsoft are doing their jobs without bragging about it like nokia does.

Ranting a side. What you experience is normal. If you loos internet connection your phone goes in a state called temporary disconnect. While in this state the notifications server has a queue of 30 notifications it stores there. When you recover your internet connection you get those notifications. To me it seams you have problem with your internet connection on your phone(or a firewall problem or you blocked notifications).

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
When Microsoft released Pandora you did not say MS does nothing. Or you think that considering you get Pandora free usage until end of the year this app was not sponsored by MS? Microsoft are doing their jobs without bragging about it like nokia does.

Ranting a side. What you experience is normal. If you loos internet connection your phone goes in a state called temporary disconnect. While in this state the notifications server has a queue of 30 notifications it stores there. When you recover your internet connection you get those notifications. To me it seams you have problem with your internet connection on your phone(or a firewall problem or you blocked notifications).

Not everyone with a Windows Phone lives in the 3 countries that are able to use Pandora.

There is no problem with any firewall, or lose of connection, my phone is always connected to the network.

I've even tried testing myself and get notifications days late even. I've had many notifications coming through from Facebook 1 week late!

unreal_rik

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Microsoft did not develop the Pandora app but they did develop the Facebook app and that's what I was talking about. Also, I don't care about Pandora because of what afgzee said "Not everyone with a Windows Phone lives in the 3 countries that are able to use Pandora."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)