Other has reached 5.51 GB. Im running out of options to stop it.

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
WPs other problem was minor for me at first. Now, it has hit 5GB, preventing me from installing games on my 16GB 8X.

Used shrink storage.
Used IE Catche ceaner
Uninstalled a lot of apps.
What now?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
MS PLEASE FIX!
it sounds worse than my constant low storage warning on my EPIC. I want to move to a Lumina on VZ in June, I hope they resolve this issue.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I had 8gb's used up for "other" storage, tried everything but nothing worked besides a factory reset. Anyone figure out what what exactly "other" is?

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
WPs other problem was minor for me at first. Now, it has hit 5GB, preventing me from installing games on my 16GB 8X.

Used shrink storage.
Used IE Catche ceaner
What now?

Just copy a number of large files to the phone storage (like movies). copy as much as you can, one by one and uses some smaller files to cram as much as you can on the phone. This will make the phone free up space from 'other' storage. You can remove the files once you can't put any more on.

@Villain
Other storage is the reserved space the phone uses. It will normally grab as much as it can and release it as you need it for other things, but this seems to be partially broken. An update/fix is under way for this and Nokia has included a nifty tool for this in the latest firmware.

zfarooq

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Used shrink storage.
Used IE Catche ceaner
What now?

I had the same problem on the 820. I downloaded the Software Updater for Retail, which put the latest firmware on my 820. then used the bar code here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ple-who-didnt-receive-extras-info-update.html

For Extras+ info, which gave me the storage checker option and ability to delete temp files.

Yes, u lose all data so make sure u have a backup, but at least u wont have to deal with it again with the storage checker present.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just copy a number of large files to the phone storage (like movies). copy as much as you can, one by one and uses some smaller files to cram as much as you can on the phone. This will make the phone free up space from 'other' storage. You can remove the files once you can't put any more on.
I thought that's what the Shrink Storage app did? Would there be a difference then if you did it yourself instead of letting the app do it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb