How to use Nokia Music and Nokia Mix Radio

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
For me, the Nokia Music app is largely blank with just two options (My music and Settings).

1. How are we supposed to "activate" and use this thing?

2. What is Nokia Mix Radio and how is it related to Nokia Music?

3. Which settings does Nokia Music use to determine availability? Is it detecting the SIM (like the Here Suite of Apps) or does it go by the Nokia Account or the Country/Region under Language+Region?

4. Is there a comprehensive list online (of countries where Nokia Music is available)?

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
(Opinion based on using in India, where I am from. I am talking about Nokia Music only and not Nokia Music +)

By default, out of the box, Nokia Music allows you to listen to online mixes. Launch the app and you can listen to ready made mixes.

To make the most of it, create a Nokia account and get a Nokia music subscription. Luckily for me, as a Lumia 820 owner, it came bundled with 12 months of subscription. With account and paid for subscription, your account is activated.

Mix radio is an online mix of songs that you can stream through NM.

Further you can use the create mix button to add your favorite artists and make your own mixes.

You can create dozens of mixes. Of all the mixes, 4 of them can be downloaded for offline playing.

Of course you can download unlimited music.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Ok when I launch the app, I have merely My music (which is blank) and is supposed to be my own on-phone library and "settings".

Create account? Wasn't this advertised as registration and sign up free?

Subscription? 12 months bundled? Again, wasn't some component of this free. Wouldn't this apply only to Music+?

Sorry, even more confused now :D

Chris Gregory

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Where do you live?
I think Mix is only enable in certain countries (same with Skydrive good quality photo sync, etc)
I am currently in Malaysia (even with an Australian account - It detects my Sim card/ROM version) and cant see it.

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
How the heck do you turn off/exit Nokia Music?? I have to turn my phone off for it to turn off and stop playing music. What am I missing??

You can't unless you play a vid then exit OR download the app 'Quick Settings'. It has stop the music functionality.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm all over the place. Europe, Middle East, South Asia. I travel.
The phone is an unlocked MEA device.

Curious thing. When I download n start the app, ALL options (including offline and Mix Radio) are available for a split second but then it pares them down without intervention to just My Music and Settings.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Curious thing. When I download n start the app, ALL options (including offline and Mix Radio) are available for a split second but then it pares them down without intervention to just My Music and Settings.

I think Nokia music just might be extremely region specific. Looks like the above options are India only. To add, Nokia has been serving for a real long time in India, which I now realize is not the case in your region.

Sorry I confused you even more :)

Levin Braganza

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Jay I got my phone from the middle east, and I use it in India. Nokia India has been giving me a stupid reason of not being able to use the mix radio and the various services, due to the fact that my phone was purchased from the UAE, and not India. Also in the store, the application description says that it detects the region through the sim. Now both of these things contradict, the explanation given to me by Nokia India, and the description of the app. But as of yesterday, Nokia Music was launched even in the UAE, still NO sign of the any updated list on my Nokia Music, except for the same old My Music and Settings. I am for some reason thoroughly disappointed with the way Nokia India gave me an explanation, and also the fact that I have not been able to use the Nokia Music service.

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
If Nokia support is not able to do much, then I would suggest you look at alternatives - Xbox music and even iTunes India.

I think the real problem is that music industry has dozens of complications with the way licensing works in different regions.

Levin Braganza

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What's the licensing issue, if India and UAE both have Nokia Music available as of now. Why give me a dumb reason that my phone is purchased from UAE, hence, it doesn't work. They are just contradicting what is mentioned in the application description by them itself.

ah06

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a comprehensive list of countries available on the web to inspect which countries have it and which don't?

The poster above seems to report a curious case of Nokia Music being available both in UAE (phone firmware) and India (SIM) and yet he cannot use it.

Jay,

I think Nokia Music Unlimited is a different thing, the (short-lived) successor to Ovi Music and 'Comes with Music' maybe. Not sure

Jay_wpcentral

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Possibly. I am sure it has something to do with Indian firmware + India based user account.

For instance, I have two phones - 510 and 820. I cannot use Nokia Music at all on my 510 because my account is already being used on my 820. Weird eh?

Prateek Kapse

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I am from india, n i face the same problem.
Just two options in my nokia music app
My Music and Settings
I cnt use Mix Radio or dwnload songs.
Help..

Anonymous_India

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I had similar issue,and i mailed to nokia music regarding this issue,they resolved it and extended my subscription for 3 more months--FREEE!!

pddheeraj

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Guys, even i have the same problem.
Please tell me how you were able to contact nokia. Please give me the e-mail address so that even i can send them a mail to clear my doubts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte