Kid's Corner: Creative Uses

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
While finagling with the settings, I thought of something: wouldn't it be cool to use Kid's Corner as an extension of my Start Screen? So, I come to you guys, the wonderful people of WPCentral, to inquire about creative ways of using Kids' Corner to my advantage, being a teenage boy with no children.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I use mine for guest or quick access to apps like GPS, music, video, etc where no password is needed. Just apps that will not compromise my security.

I love the feature. When I do give my phone to a child or adult, I know they can only use what I want them to. Also, once you are in kids corner, it will not let you access the other side unless you lock and unlock the screen again.

pokexpress

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I use it for the Emergency Kit app to store my emergency contacts as I'm using password on my lockscreen.

Y'know, in case something happens. *crosses fingers*

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm happy they actually fixed Kids Corner not requiring the pin to get into lol.

I use it so show customers the features of WP8

Edit: I spoke to soon, they didn't fix it, it was working last night ~_~

Last edited:

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy they actually fixed Kids Corner not requiring the pin to get into lol.

I use it so show customers the features of WP8

Edit: I spoke to soon, they didn't fix it, it was working last night ~_~

It makes me question its usability. What's the point of having another start screen for certain quick-to-access features if both require a pin? Not to mention the struggle kids around the world would go through.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe its bugged at the moment because it was working perfectly last night when I first set it up but after disabling and reenabling it requires it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fopaky