Stop listening to Music

Markus B

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I am curious if there is a way to permanently stop music from playing on a Windows 8 phone through the store. The problem I am have some music I purchased a long time ago on the Microsoft Store and when I get into my truck and it reconnects to the Bluetooth it starts playing. I even restarted my phone and the next time I get into my truck sure enough it starts playing (by the way I am using Ford Sync). I did not even notice it the other day until I was almost to work (I was listening to regular radio) until I happened to switch to Bluetooth for something. It was playing in the background sucking up my usage (I do not have unlimited).:angry:
If need be I am willing to uninstall the Microsoft music app (if there is one).

h4ck3d

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
there should be a media button on the radio to switch sources, from what i found online that should stop it.

I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with MyFordTouch and as long as i dont have the Bluetooth source in selected,it will still connects my phone to the car, but it will continue to play off what ever source i had previous. (FM/ USB/ Satilite/ Line in)

Now if i have the bluetooth selected when i get out of my car, and then when i return it will automatically connect and start playing what ever i have going on my phone. if i dont have anything loaded on my phone for music it wont play.

You might want to make sure your backed out of all your running application on your phone before you get into your car. Also i would check to make sure your MyFordSync has the lastest version. I had issues with the intial version of MyFordTouch, but ever since i did the firmware upgrade to my car, it has absolutly no issues with Bluetooth pairing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett