People who never used WP before , how do they react when they see your device ?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
^This. Who handles the ad dept at MSFT anyways?

I own a 810 and have gotten some positive feedback. I had people used it come away very impressed. I ALWAYS love to do the GLOVES demo to catch up the touch tech on it.

Since my country isn't that cold , Nobody wears gloves.

Super sensitive screen is like a gimmick to my usage.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I've convinced both of my friends to get a Windows Phone, but they're stuck with their iPhone's until their contract is up. haha

I've quit counting the people I've converted but are waiting for their contracts to end. (doG I hate phone contracts!!! Biggest rip off for consumers in my opinion)

Although I lost my sister to Android recently for her first smartphone. But she is fully entrenched in Google (mail, docs, maps, etc), so she quietly went. It does bug me that when she comes over she loves the SurfaceRT, and she's always complaining about Google docs not being fully compatible with MS Office. I tried to get her to Skydrive and web Office, but the .docx only was the kicker, as she generally needs old .doc files for sending for work.

But such is life.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I got hooked on it playing with an Lumia 822 at the Verizon store. After I goofed around with it for awhile, the guy at the store showed my a couple of things and I was off and running. I don't think WP8 is hard to use at all. What people may have a hard time with is the closing apps thing and how to access the settings. I found the email client incredibly easy and intuitive to use. The Windows Phone Store ecosystem is essentially the same as Apple or Android, a centralized place to get your apps from. There's only so many ways you can do that so that shouldn't be hard to figure out either. Anyone who's had a smartphone before shouldn't have too difficult a time with a WP8 device. Besides, I like goofing around with it and discovering some of the cool things it can do... :smile: I haven't converted anyone yet but one Android user I let play with my phone did really like it and thought that it was cool because the phones are so free of bloatware that there really isn't any reason to root them.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Since my country isn't that cold , Nobody wears gloves.

Super sensitive screen is like a gimmick to my usage.

Hmmm...does your country have more practical uses for hygroscopes?

For the record, i demo and talk up the People Hub, Email client, music player, camera, accent colors, live tiles, mapping features AND then pull out the Super Sensitivity "gimmick" at the END. I will admit, I've seen people in warm places such as Florida appreciate a more responsive yet still accurate screen...

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I show my phone around, (Lumia 920) I always get the best reactions. The number one reaction always is, "Wow! That camera is amazing!" (Thank you nokia ^_^) I probably have single handedly made more people switch over from android and iPhone than any sales rep. Lol.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I show my phone around, (Lumia 920) I always get the best reactions. The number one reaction always is, "Wow! That camera is amazing!" (Thank you nokia ^_^) I probably have single handedly made more people switch over from android and iPhone than any sales rep. Lol.
^This. While not as celebrated, I do get compliments on my 810 for its camera as well.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
^This. While not as celebrated, I do get compliments on my 810 for its camera as well.

My favorite thing to do is challenge people using the iPhone, and newer android phones, to a photo contest. Take a photo of the eact same image and have other people judge which they like better. I always win this challenge. ^_^

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What I've found regarding a learning curve is that it takes about an hour to learn ALL of WP features, whereas someone can pick up an android and use it fairly easily...BUT (and this is a big but), I have found that people using Android generally don't use half of what it can do. I see people all of the time that have an android phone talk about how awesome it is, yet they have no clue about adding widgets or extra pages or different ringtones. So yes, android is easy to pick up and use, but any phone is really...it's learning all of what the phone will do that's important.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

^eextremely well said! I agree with this completely.
I get compliments all the time about my red 920, I love it.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
My favorite thing to do is challenge people using the iPhone, and newer android phones, to a photo contest. Take a photo of the eact same image and have other people judge which they like better. I always win this challenge. ^_^

You've got the best cam in the market by FAR, on a young OS that will get updated...the only thing that can touch the 920 is the upcoming Nokia models and MAYBE the new Sony Cybershot 5". You're taking candy from babies every time with that...lol...

The 8xx series, along with the Ativ S and 8X can hold their own quite well too.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You've got the best cam in the market by FAR, on a young OS that will get updated...the only thing that can touch the 920 is the upcoming Nokia models and MAYBE the new Sony Cybershot 5". You're taking candy from babies every time with that...lol...

The 8xx series, along with the Ativ S and 8X can hold their own quite well too.

Yea, both those phones can hold their own. I just enjoy watching people's reaction, "What you mean you have the best camera on a phone? Show me this?" (takes photo) "OMG U GUYZ!!!!" LOL!!! That super sensitive touch screen always gets em too. "Put on gloves and try to play with your iPhone. No?? Hmm...well that sucks. I am just gunna play around with my lumia for a minit with my gloves on. I'm cold." (plays with phone, scrolls up and down, writes text message) "OMG U GUYZ!!! SUPER AWESOME TOUCH SCREEN!!!" I love my windows phone. ^_^

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Yea, both those phones can hold their own. I just enjoy watching people's reaction, "What you mean you have the best camera on a phone? Show me this?" (takes photo) "OMG U GUYZ!!!!" LOL!!! That super sensitive touch screen always gets em too. "Put on gloves and try to play with your iPhone. No?? Hmm...well that sucks. I am just gunna play around with my lumia for a minit with my gloves on. I'm cold." (plays with phone, scrolls up and down, writes text message) "OMG U GUYZ!!! SUPER AWESOME TOUCH SCREEN!!!" I love my windows phone. ^_^

That's EXACTLY how I do the screen demo! And because,of how young the OS, expect Nokia to keep tweaking the camera.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...does your country have more practical uses for hygroscopes?

For the record, i demo and talk up the People Hub, Email client, music player, camera, accent colors, live tiles, mapping features AND then pull out the Super Sensitivity "gimmick" at the END. I will admit, I've seen people in warm places such as Florida appreciate a more responsive yet still accurate screen...

There are lot of other things to show off.

Everyone get highly impressed with people's hub , Nokia set of map/photo apps , Nokia music , design , camera and color.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There are lot of other things to show off.

Everyone get highly impressed with people's hub , Nokia set of map/photo apps , Nokia music , design , camera and color.

Thanks for agreeing with me by repeating almost all the features I show off during my own demos. I didn't like the smaller battery I'm the 820, hence why I didn't get it. I like the all business look of the black 810 and the cyan plate was better than the other colors on the 820.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Requires biggest learning curve for non-tech person
I would disagree. WP is very laid out and easy to use. The settings are where you'd think they are. There are some things like closing apps, switching apps that can take a moment to learn (nothing like the learning curve on iPhone). Most people ask me is that the new windows phone? I say yes it is. They can easily play with it and then hand it back. I don't let them fumble to turn it on, but that would be a Lumia problem not WP.

m3wz1k

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Cute movement. Seriously though, Windows Phone 8 pretty cool. I am an iPhone user, but I like to switch things up a big, ad Windows seems to be the only viable alternative. I am not into the open uncontrolled free movement that is Android. I am waiting for more W8 phones to be available and when my contract ups, I may make the switch. I am already a very avid Office and Skydrive user. ONly thing is the lack of outlook.com support for MacOSX. I had a W8 computer and just went to OSX which I like a lot more, so I will not return to W8, but Outlook.com only supports pop. SO I am using Gmail for the time being.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)