Downloading and playing MP3 files.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Currently doing some study and they require me to download a few podcasts in MP3 format. Thought my shiny 920 would breeze the task. Apparently, it can't. I am assuming this is some glaring oversight by me, but I tried clicking on it and it said my device could not play it. Also, I can't save it and email it to another device.

Say it isn't so people. My phone can surely do that. And for clarification, it is not some top 40 mp3, just a free to download podcast.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
All my 920 music is mp3, some I ripped and some I downloaded, and the podcast I subscribe to is mp3. I haven't found one that wouldn't play.
Every once in a while it throws an error when I start the player but it always goes ahead and plays.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How is the podcast delivered? Do you need a separate app? The podcast I want will not be available any where else except the study website. It says it is an mp3, so lord knows what is going wrong. Surely my phone can play and/or download them without an app?

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
email to your self from a PC? it could be how they are trying to deliver the download, I know for some reason windows phone 8 (as I have read here, I don't have one) seems to not want to "download" anything "locally" very easily. It could be related to that more than the mp3??? Just guessing.

fredolay69

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
email to your self from a PC? it could be how they are trying to deliver the download, I know for some reason windows phone 8 (as I have read here, I don't have one) seems to not want to "download" anything "locally" very easily. It could be related to that more than the mp3??? Just guessing.

On that note, one thing that I did personaly was download the podcast on my computer, and then upload it to skydrive. Then on my Lumia 920, opened my sky drive app, and streamed it right from the cloud. As mentioned above, it could be a problem with how they are delivering the download. Best to have the raw mp3 file emailed to you, or like i did, you can save it to the cloud and play from the cloud on your phone.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So glad to hear I don't need an app. I will email it. I had considered trying that but when it rejected the file type I was a little worried. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon