iPhone 5 to WP8

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The way I see it is that WP 'Blue' must deliver in order to stay competitive, because iOS 7 is on its way and it's going to be big.

Apple fans have been saying that for the last two years, and with every new OS build they become more and more disappointed. iOS 7 will just be another letdown. The way I see it is that for Apple to stay competitive THEY must deliver...they were behind the times several years ago.

medicin3man

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple fans have been saying that for the last two years, and with every new OS build they become more and more disappointed. iOS 7 will just be another letdown. The way I see it is that for Apple to stay competitive THEY must deliver...they were behind the times several years ago.

This is true. AS an iPhone user since iPhone 3 (and still to this day with the iPhone 5), every time an update was coming, we all kept saying it was going to be amazing, but when it would come, always underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, some of the updates were pretty good, but never reached the hype. I have looked into the next update, and I hear that there wil be an option to resize the apps etc. Still, I am not impressed.

So, does anyone have a place where I can go that talks about what will be in the Windows "Blue" update? Anyone know of the next great windows phone for ATT that is being released?

jaybee425

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I went from an iPhone 5 to the Lumia 920 and love it! I was an Apple ****** since the first iPhone and had all the iPhones since. I switched to the Lumia 920 (Yellow) and my wife got the HTC 8X. I've used her 8X for a day just to try it out and much prefer the 920 over it. Just two days ago she got herself a black 920 after her experience with mine. Neither of us have had any complaints after leaving the iPhone world months ago.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your advice! I have always thought the iPhone 5 is too light. I put a case on it just to make it heavier! Anyway, I like the 920, and I love the 8x looks. In the end, I'll have to make a decision so I value everyones input! Thank you!
I like the weight my self. Feels solid. The G3 feels cheap when I used it. The G3 is not cheap, just felt that way. Also you stated that you browse the internet often, the browser is really something that has really impressed me.
Also, regarding battery life I had a glich of some kind initially that would drain my battery. Reset the phone and I get 24 to 40 hrs depending on use. Never less then 20 with crazy heavy use. So battery is solid, bit I think that on occasion an app or the os does not load correctly. My wife's 920 last for ever. So really good battery is the point.

Last edited:

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Get a 920, Military Armor Shield and enjoy. iOS still is the easiest experience and quite convenient, but the 920 is wonderful to use. Beautiful screen, wireless charging, Nokia support, great camera, durable, and has a real premium feel to it.

Be warned: it's big and heavy.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Its big especially coming from the iPhone but its not real heavy heavier than the iPhone but compared to earlier smartphones such as the tilt 2 not so much.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

Ditto. I remember ip users telling me that os 5 would have a virtual key board that displayed full size under the phone like star trek. Of course there was a YouTube video demonstration this (jeez). That is apples marketing strategy and it seems to work, for how much longer who knows.

medicin3man

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I went from an iPhone 5 to the Lumia 920 and love it! I was an Apple ****** since the first iPhone and had all the iPhones since. I switched to the Lumia 920 (Yellow) and my wife got the HTC 8X. I've used her 8X for a day just to try it out and much prefer the 920 over it. Just two days ago she got herself a black 920 after her experience with mine. Neither of us have had any complaints after leaving the iPhone world months ago.

Thats good to hear! I would love to hear more testimonials from people who went from iPhone 5 to 920...

ticktock5

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I went from an iPhone 4 to an 8X but had to go back to the iPhone. Lack of some key apps was the deal-breaker for me. The 8X is a beautiful phone, however... too bad WP8 still lacks developer support. I'd suggest not just going off of whether the apps you need exist, but whether or not they are fully featured/not buggy etc. If you look into all of that and you're satisfied, I think you'll be happy with the phone. Alternatively, you could do what I did and just buy the phone, try it out for a few weeks, and if it isn't working for you, return it.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Definitely get the Lumia 920.

From your post, I can really recommend the 920. The camera on the 920 is amazing so if you take and share pictures I don't think you'll be disappointed. You'll also get Nokia's free apps, which include Maps and Drive. Also, you have the 32 GB iPhone with only 18 left. You'll need the Lumia 920's 32 GB (8X only has 16).

I think the decision is clear. Also, you shouldn't have a problem finding the apps you're looking for (based on your list)!

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have and use both on a daily basis. If I had to choose only one, it would have to be the iphone. BUT, its really not fair to compare a new OS with a well established leader. Windows phone is quickly getting to where it needs to be. Sure it has issues, (im looking at you XBOX music, pos program if there ever was one...). But the whole ecosystem from your phone to your computer, and everything in between is there. It just needs a lot of tweaking.

Bottom line is, If you want the best right now, a stable and mature ecosystem, go with the iphone.

If your willing to put up with some bugs and rough edges, but want the excitement of using a new, fresh OS that is going places, chose the windows phone.

Just my opinion of course.

medicin3man

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, went to the Microsoft store (the only one in Florida, at least until the one in Miami opens). I talked to 2 guys. The first one was helpful and let me screw around with the 8X and the 920. Hands down, the 920 is awesome. I started inquiring about the Nokia "Catwalk" and he said he hadn't heard anything. Talked to a second guy and he had heard of Catwalk but didn't really know anything else. Also, if I bought a 920, it was free with a 2 year contract from ATT.

Wow. That being said....my mind is officially made up. I WILL be getting a WP8 phone, but I am going to try to wait it out until the "Catwalk" is release. Or at least until we get some information onit. I may decide I don't want it and I'll get the 920. Matte black specifically.

I hope the Catwalk info gets released soon!

steppyhen

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're still undecided, you should think about talking to @Nokia_Connects on Twitter - they can send you a 920 to trial for two weeks. When I was still on the fence about switching to Windows Phone, I contacted them and they sent me a trial device. Was so glad they did, and not long after I got the 920 and haven't looked back since!

medicin3man

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
If you're still undecided, you should think about talking to @Nokia_Connects on Twitter - they can send you a 920 to trial for two weeks. When I was still on the fence about switching to Windows Phone, I contacted them and they sent me a trial device. Was so glad they did, and not long after I got the 920 and haven't looked back since!

Do I just send them a tweet or is there an email I use?