To wait or not to wait to buy a new laptop...that is the question.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
So my 5 year old dell xps m1530 (currently running w8 pro) laptop a couple weeks ago all of a sudden just displayed a white screen well it eventually faded to black with different parts of the screen turning black faster...sort of like Rorschach's mask. But I was able to fix it by taking off the bottom cover and applying heat from a heat gun directly to the CPU and gpu (I saw a YouTube video of this guy use a blow torch to his lol). Anyway so that fix lasted for a couple weeks but just a couple of days ago it happened again and is now requiring me to fix it at least once day. So I've been deciding whether or not to buy a new laptop... There or two things on my mind that are stopping me from getting one right now...first the potential of Microsoft renewing their promotion of buy a new laptop $699 and up and get a free Xbox 360 if you are student which I am (starting my masters this summer in ocean engineering) and second the possibly new better hardware and designs by OEMs for windows blue! What do you guys think of the possibility of Microsoft doing their Xbox promotion and new better laptops from OEMs for windows blue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro