Samsung Focus

Gixser

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a used Focus. Had the same question. I waited a week and then ran the update to 7.8 using the Seven Eighter utility. Took about 90 minutes but was seamless with no error codes and everything works great. No data loss either. Exchange mailbox settings retained.

Jay_P_Harris

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
My friend and I both have the Focus (on ATT) and he used the 78er to force update, and everything was going good for about a month until his start screen went toasted. He was and is under contract and that voided his warranty. He isnt a happy camper right about now. As for me, my contract ended in March so I am looking to go back to Android.

Im getting sick and tired of these "promised" updates by Microsoft and ATT but never get them. It took me 10 months to get Tango.

unwiredmedic

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I called AT&T Wireless support and they graciously agreed to give me an unlock code, if I am already a customer of AT&T or if I had an active AT&T account. I won the phone from a Microsoft-sponsored contest on Twitter and it's nearly three years old now. It would have been much nicer if it were already unlocked since it didn't come through AT&T. seveneighter didn't work, and I can't get the Zune trick to work either (I've tried several dozen times). I'm damned to eternal lameness with v7720.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
When you said you've attempted to update the device via SevenEighter, have you selected the required languages prior to the actual update process? I've found that not selecting updates all the way to the latest 7.8 build then installing ALL language packs the tool displays once the final update is next most effective. Of course, if you still have no luck getting your dated sammy device the well-deserved refresh, you can always try to manually flash the required .cab files yourself, as shown here:[CAB] Official WP7 Updates List up to WP 7.8 + ALL LANGUAGES complete + OEM updates - xda-developers

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have that issue too, I haven't found a way around it just happens randomly and it usually happens for like 2-3 days straight
Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

mikeeemm

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been doing it all day, all that is needed is to press power button once and pull down to turn off screen appears and phone turns off, this has happened before I loaded 7.8

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon