Best feature of WP

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I read a post here that involved whether you should or should not link your Facebook acct with the Windows Live acct on your phone. It got me thinking and I'm wondering what you think. Since I first started using WP last year when the Lumia 900 came out I've always linked as many accounts together as possible. I have FB, Twitter and LinkedIn connected to my live account and I make sure that all of my contacts accounts are linked together. To me this is the greatest strength of WP, the way it brings your contacts, social media, email, etc together.

My question is do you link everything together and get the full benefit of the os or keep things separated and use it like all the other smartphones out there?

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Although the idea of linking contacts isn't new, WP takes it several steps further. For me it's one of the best features. I find it easier to work with linked contacts - it seems pointless to me to have the same information duplicated in several places. I know from various threads on here that some prefer to keep the same contacts in several locations, and I can understand the need for that in some cases. But these days it's not for me...

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Me neither. FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, email, txt msg, fb chat, msn messenger all blended together in one big super contacts is what WP is all about.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Boris Gong

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Love that linked feature. But there need to have a backup feature or something for it.
I tried to link them once, took me around an hour. After a phone reset it's all screwed. So never tried that again.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Love that linked feature. But there need to have a backup feature or something for it.
I tried to link them once, took me around an hour. After a phone reset it's all screwed. So never tried that again.

Huh?? That's weird cuz I switched from LG Optimus 7 to my HTC 8X flawlessly because ALL my contacts are online stored in Outlook (or at the time Hotmail). It's very seamless and works flawlessly for me.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I keep them linked as well. I just find it easier to go to the person's name and have all the methods of communicating with them right there in one spot. Then I can choose the best way to get in touch with them.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine automatically linked after a reset except for when the names don't match exactly. Like if someone's twitter name doesn't match their fb name. AND sometimes it will try to link contacts that aren't the same person because of the name. All that is just minor annoyances when compared to how effective it is to have all your contacts linked.

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3