Group texting issues with iOS

Albatross13

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from an iphone4 to a Nokia Lumia 920. I'm happy about the switch, but I'm a little frustrated with an issue that has come up in group texting that I may not be able to fix.

To be clear, group texting does work on my phone. It works with other iphone and android users just fine. The problem is that I used to be part of a group text with four others who all had iphones, however one of them is using an itouch and receives his texts through email. When I send out a group text to them, they all receive it, including the itouch user, however if any of them respond, I get nothing. To me, it seems that I should be able to receive something if they can see the messages I'm sending them.

I know that I can receive replies from the other three people, since I started up a separate group with them, and I was able to send and receive group messages with them. But whenever I add the 4th guy with the itouch, I can't receive messages from them.

I've tried almost everything I can think of: Copying and pasting his email address into the phone number section, turning group message off and back on, and sending a group text with the three contacts and adding the email address alone as a 4th recipient. None of these things have worked so far. The only thing I haven't tried is asking my friends to start a fresh group chat, since the one I've been sending to has been lasting since before I switched phones. It seems like this wouldn't make a difference though since they can still receive texts from my new phone, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Has anyone else faced this problem? I've noticed similar issues in the forums, but not one that deals with texting itouch users. Idk if this is an iOS thing or what, but I feel like there is a way to fix this. Any help would be great.

Albatross13

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
realwarder had a suggestion on another post that could be relevant to you - http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/222073-iphone-5-wp8.html#post1938504 (link goes directly to realwarder's comment). It involves making sure you turn off iMessaging on your iPhone before moving the SIM card to WP8. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the help. I did turn iMessaging off, but I did not do it until after I had switched over. I guess this means I'll always be having an issue with it. Maybe getting a new number will help?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Just have your friends remove and re add you in their contacts. That will remove the imessage link from their phones. That is where the issue is. Also make sure you set group msg on on your phone.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon