My phone is bricked, now what?

Jimmy Cooper

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I had connection problems from the update and I attempted a reset and now my phone is stuck on the cogs and has been for 17 hours. Im going to go to the store tomorrow to see what they can do but it sucks that this can happen without me actually being the one that broke the phone -_-. Anything I can do?

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Flash it. You are either going to get a refurb or they are going to take your phone for a couple weeks and flash it for you. May as well flash it yourself.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried pulling the battery or done a hard reset (vol - + pwr, I think)?

I had my 810 get stuck on a reset, I pulled the battery, and started over. It actually came back to life. Talk about a stressful moment

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I know my issue might be different but when I did the official Nokia hard reset on the 920 it worked like a charm.

Try this:
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

cjallan417

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I had the bricked 920 last night as well but finally got it working. I had looked around and saw the soft reset, battery drain, and flash processes, but it was what dgreening shared from the Nokia support site that worked for me. That little contra code in step 2 finally got it out of the spinning gears and started the OS up again to be set up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb