Dark theme, Light theme, or new theme?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Greetings all!

This is just a quick question of which theme you prefer. Dark or Light? Also, who thinks that Microsoft should do a beautiful Midnight Blue theme to celebrate the Blue update that's coming soon?
It would be awesome if they could release it at midnight too! :)

So, what do you think? Post your theme colors and thoughts here...

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I like to switch every now and then. I do like the white theme especially with contrasting colors like red but white can be an eye strain if you're using your phone in darkness.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to mention that this is on a Lumia 920. On an AMOLED display I wouldn't use white because it'll drain battery quite a bit.

I read that battery drains are faster when using the Light theme as well....however I can't say that its true or not, because battery life is not that great anyway. I typically go for the dark theme, but have used the light theme on occasion. :)

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I read that battery drains are faster when using the Light theme as well....however I can't say that its true or not, because battery life is not that great anyway. I typically go for the dark theme, but have used the light theme on occasion. :)
It's only on AMOLED displays where white drains a lot of battery.

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
+920

Also, the more I use Windows 8, more I want those backgrounds on WP - We might not be able to see all those designs due to less breathing space, but those background colors are simple but amazing!

We will get more backgrounds. Windows Blue has made changes to make tiles in W8 smaller, giving more space for the screen. We will eventually get it. :)

I remember making a thread about how WP needs more backgrounds because the light theme looks very awkward and unflattering on tiles.

Mm, Imagine Ice blue background theme on my cyan tiles.. That's so hot..

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
We will get more backgrounds. Windows Blue has made changes to make tiles in W8 smaller, giving more space for the screen. We will eventually get it. :)

I remember making a thread about how WP needs more backgrounds because the light theme looks very awkward and unflattering on tiles.

Mm, Imagine Ice blue background theme on my cyan tiles.. That's so hot..

uh oh...I don't want smaller tiles. I think it will make the start screen look smaller. :-(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium