Is it just me or all the ones that own a WP are geeks?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Here in the UK I never see anyone with a Windows Phone, I know 3 people with a Windows phone, me I am a geek, my Mrs as I convinced her it was a good idea :) and her brother who is also a geek. Windows phone gets quite a lot of advertising in the UK yet the only place you see a Windows Phone in the street is in the shop windows of phone shops.

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Geeks goes for high end hardware(android) and aswell they can hack and do other things in android, iOS and WP is more for a normal people OS, who doesn't want to waste their time on changing bootloaders and other that kind of thingies.
Aswell there's alot of non geeks android users, but they use it because it's popular, not because they like it or something.
I choosed WP8 cause it looks future proof and i use Windows 8 my only need is good photos, videos and word documents sync, maybe that's geeky, i don't even know.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I might be a geek, but i dont use my phone for much geeky stuff like bootloaders etc., just normal everyday use.
And I'm getting the s4 to replace my 920.

I also know several people who aren't using their phone for geeky things but simply like the screen sizes and design, along with the fact that its as easy to use as the competitors OSes and the fact that its a widely known OS and as such has a big selection of apps etcetera.

Personally there are things I dislike about my 920, even if I think its a great phone. Small things, but in large quantities it becomes reasonable for me to change.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
No problem with geeks....just get annoyed by blanket descriptions of certain folks. It's like stating that all men that own poodles like to ride their bicycles without a seat on them. That's not true...only 99% of them do.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
"geek" is a relative term in modern phone sense, bootloads, widgets, all these terms are meaningless to the average user who wants little fuss with their products. I turned on 2 folks in my immediate circle to WP platform and still have to remind them to update their apps and phones.. I won't speak for the majority, however, from personal observation and basic deduction average folks don't really care to fuss too much, hive minds want to have and be alike, its our nature.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
No problem with geeks....just get annoyed by blanket descriptions of certain folks. It's like stating that all men that own poodles like to ride their bicycles without a seat on them. That's not true...only 99% of them do.

I just started it to see how many "non-geeks have a WP" or how many people you have seen using a WP since so far the only ones that I have seen are geeks..

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Out of the ones I know have a WP, all three are very "nongeeks", barely know pure basics about a phone. Much like the average iphoneuser I suspect.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

I hate the people I go to school with that are like "YEEEHAWW IMA REDNECK I LIEK BIG TRUCKS. IF IT AINT DEISEL IT AINT AMERICAN. MY CAR SEATS IS CAMOUFLAGE, MY UNDERWEAR IS CAMOUFLAGE, HECK MY DOGS NAME IS CAMOUFLAGE! I SHAHT A GUN ONCE! YEEHAWW". Idiots live in a townhouse in Baltimore city.

I hate calling people by stereotypes, cause it just makes people try harder to be what they are not. Like I don't like when people refer to others as jocks, emo, preppy, redneck, skater. Its stupid.

I don't think geek is one of those though, because you can be a geek about different things. I'm a geek about technology, I love reading and learning about technology. My friend is a car geek. He knows everything about every car you can think of. Another friend is a hockey geek. He'll tell you everything about every player all the way down to their mother in laws favorite restaurant. My cousin is a fitness geek, he can tell you every workout in the book and what you should eat and drink during each of your training.

We are all geeks about something!

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate the people I go to school with that are like "YEEEHAWW IMA REDNECK I LIEK BIG TRUCKS. IF IT AINT DEISEL IT AINT AMERICAN. MY CAR SEATS IS CAMOUFLAGE, MY UNDERWEAR IS CAMOUFLAGE, HECK MY DOGS NAME IS CAMOUFLAGE! I SHAHT A GUN ONCE! YEEHAWW". Idiots live in a townhouse in Baltimore city.

We are all geeks about something!

are you in MD?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Me too!! Glad to know there are wpcentral readers in MD.. Here in the Rockville area haven't met many though :(

I live in the White Marsh/Perry Hall area. I know quite a few. 5 of my closer friends, 3 family members, and a couple of distant friends. I go to UMBC and haven't seen any there yet.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I know 1 person with a windows phone and its broken now. She said that it was had first and last windows phone. I have 2 students in my class schedule with a windows phone. And no. I believe im far from being a geek. More like jock / a**hole.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not only for geeks. Works good while I'm in the studio rapping or at a show and need to DJ some music for intermission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I live in the White Marsh/Perry Hall area. I know quite a few. 5 of my closer friends, 3 family members, and a couple of distant friends. I go to UMBC and haven't seen any there yet.

I see.. Hey are you in a CS major right?? How do you like UMBC.. Plan to transfer there I have been hearing about their program and I like it so far.. What do you think about it?

mike_mck2

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I wanted a Nokia Phone, foremost, because I've always heard their reception and radios are better. That of course led to looking into WP, which I had never even considered before.

Well, WP8 works better for me than any Android phone I ever had, the battery life on my 810 is simply fantastic, and it runs like a top. Can't ask for more than that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett