920 screen cracked :( Bought a 620, love it! :)

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
920 fell off a table and happened to hit the floor in just the right place to crack the screen like a lightning bolt fractal! It's off to Nokia Care soon to get fixed. Bought a 620 to keep me going and I think it is an awesome device. Downloaded most of the apps I used on 920 and all work smoothly so far (in the ones tested).

I think I may end up keeping and using it as secondary device just for music and social apps.

I tried to get the 520 but it's not out here (in UK) yet. I also wanted the green and yellow cased one but had to settle for the white! least it matches the 920 :)

Hope the screen replacement is less than ?100!

Last edited:

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Dropped and cracked Lumia 920 screen. Bought a 620...love it!

When I bought my 710 I got it for less than $200 and thought it would be a temporary phone until I got something better. I found later on that there is something nice about owning a "budget phone" - you don't always have to worry about dropping it or damaging it since it costs a third of most high end phones.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: .

so, in this case where you moved to a different device, did you have to pay for any of the apps again, or did it pick up your account and assume you can have them again?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

That was the hardest thread I've ever tried to open on a touch screen...

Edit: my apologies, the thread title and OP kept changing.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

When I bought my 710 I got it for less than $200 and thought it would be a temporary phone until I got something better. I found later on that there is something nice about owning a "budget phone" - you don't always have to worry about dropping it or damaging it since it costs a third of most high end phones.

Bought a 710 for my brother in law - got to play with it for a few days while setting it up etc. Its a nice phone and even more so considering its price.

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

so, in this case where you moved to a different device, did you have to pay for any of the apps again, or did it pick up your account and assume you can have them again?

When you enter your Microsoft account details you get the option of restoring or setting up as new. I decided to set up as new and then logged onto windowsphone.com and downloaded apps I really need. Got the ones I'd paid for as well as they are linked to your Microsoft account rather than specific device.

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

True, and by not worrying about it naturally lasts longer lol

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

That was the hardest thread I've ever tried to open on a touch screen...

Edit: my apologies, the thread title and OP kept changing.

No, my apologies, my fault entirely. I apologise for the pain in trying to open this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers