Physical Keyboard

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
You must not use office then. Really sucks using Excel and not being able to see any of the cells because the keyboard covers the whole screen.
I want a keyboard but Microsoft needs to let the key board navigate like Windows Mobile 6.5. My Arrive key board will not allow me to navigate in Excel, I still have to get out my callused up finger to try and poke the tiny cell as the arrows will not work when editing to move between cells.

Nah I actually use it quite a bit, ive never had a problem with visibility. if I do need to see more I just quickly hit the back button and the keyboard disappears and I can see everything, I can pan around a little, and then tap somewhere if I need to edit. the keyboard opens and closes so quickly it's a non problem.

Footbeat57

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes a physical keyboard is much better and they keep forcing these virtual keyboard on us, They say that no one is buying them, but they are making more virtual keyboards and you are force to buy them. Grrrrrrr my whole family went back to physical keyboards and many of my friends have also. The only thing I might use the virtual keyboard for is the spell checker :winktongue: Been waiting for a windows phone 8 physical keyboard on Sprint, but I guess am getting tired of waiting for one. Wanted to upgrade my Samsung Epic 4 G great phone but getting old. I guess I be going with the LG Mach which is a newer phone with more speed and memory. Also has the extra roll for the numbers without hitting the function key.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Nah I actually use it quite a bit, ive never had a problem with visibility. if I do need to see more I just quickly hit the back button and the keyboard disappears and I can see everything, I can pan around a little, and then tap somewhere if I need to edit. the keyboard opens and closes so quickly it's a non problem.

I would like to see it. Glad it works for you. Even the the guy I work with went back to writing material lists on paper to later enter in excel on computer and he has a note2 with big screen. He says way to slow with all the finger pointing to navigate the cells. My arrive is no better even with keyboard due to no way to navigate between cells with enter and arrow keys like I could on my touch pro2.

So far to date despite tiny screen the touch pro 2 is best phone for office especially excel..

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought I would miss the real keyboard on my Blackberry 8320, but I find it easier to type on the virtual keyboard of my Nokia, so I don't miss it.

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have been using a HTC 8XT now since July 19th. Love the phone but really miss my physical keyboard from touch pro 2 and arrive. I can type full sentences faster on arrive than my 8XT despite the 8XT using word predictions and the fact half the screen is covered on 8XT.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forum...

And I am sorry. I still miss a physical keyboard, but I have long since accepted that my life with that satisfying "click" after each type is over. There just isn't enough interest. It does seem a waste. In this day and age of slim screen tech, a 4.5" - 4.7" screen size device could have a fantastic keyboard, and the width wouldn't be that much more then say a Nokia 920-ish device. It really could be an amazing device.

redlotus12

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
They will have to pry my E7 from my cold, dead hands! I travel a lot so I see many people typing on their screens. The E7 can do both, but I have to laugh when they say they can type much faster on a screen. This is probably true of the vertical-type keyboard, such as a Blackberry, but yes, thumbs are moving really fast, so it seems fast, but when I pop open my e7, and type with several fingers, most seat-mates just stare in disbelief. I've had several people ask if my phone is something new, and I tell them it's at least 4 years old.

It's no bigger or thicker than many current phones, so I don't see why their can't be a WP8 with a full slider. As far as comments that no one would buy such a device, or it's too small a niche, take a look at a site like GSM arena, and count the number of phones already out there. I mean, Prestigio (not exactly the first name you think of in mobile devices), makes 14 different models. Yezz(?) makes 31. How many phones can they be selling? It seems like you could sell at least as many Lumias or Droids, or Samsungs - well-known brands - with a keyboard. As others have said, there is more to life than Facebook and videos. If you use your phone for business - not just business email - a full keyboard is hugely helpful.

Dances with clouds

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I like so many others will not upgrade my handset until there is a WP with a physical keypad.
A quick internet search for ?WP with Qwerty keyboard? returns thousands wanting such a handset.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720