Why is music and podcast managment so bad on WP8?

anon(5518418)

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Music is the main thing I do with my phone to be honest and I feel really let down by WP8, getting music on to it was a task in itself, no matter what I tried the computer would not detect my SD card in the phone and the desktop app crashed upon opening, so it required a new install of Windows 7 to get the 2 to play ball.

When I finally got it synced which seemed to take forever I have noticed a lot of tracks duplicated for some reason, but the frustration does not stop there, where is music search? smart playlist also doesn't seem to do anything anymore like it did on Windows Phone 7. So while visually the music player awesome, I have found using it all a bit clunky.

The on to Podcast, in the UK we can't subscribe to podcasts through the market place, so its either sync via iTunes or use one of the Podcast apps, If syncing via iTunes it doesn't sync any meta data which is a bit crap, the desktop app has also crashed several times when trying to sync so I gave up and used an app.

The podcast apps are all very basic at best, all combined they don't make one decent podcast player. For example, I'd like a player than can download podcasts then be able to play all downloaded so I can leave the phone in my pocket and not have to keep taking it out to change podcasts but no, Even if I download several episodes of the same podcast once one stops I have to manually change to the next episode. All basic things that a podcast player should do, Google Listen wasn't the most advance player ever but it got all the basics spot on.

I don't know I just think the music/podcast side of things isn't thought out properly and is very much the worst I've used in a smart phone.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Music is the main thing I do with my phone to be honest and I feel really let down by WP8, getting music on to it was a task in itself, no matter what I tried the computer would not detect my SD card in the phone and the desktop app crashed upon opening, so it required a new install of Windows 7 to get the 2 to play ball.

When I finally got it synced which seemed to take forever I have noticed a lot of tracks duplicated for some reason, but the frustration does not stop there, where is music search? smart playlist also doesn't seem to do anything anymore like it did on Windows Phone 7. So while visually the music player awesome, I have found using it all a bit clunky.

The on to Podcast, in the UK we can't subscribe to podcasts through the market place, so its either sync via iTunes or use one of the Podcast apps, If syncing via iTunes it doesn't sync any meta data which is a bit crap, the desktop app has also crashed several times when trying to sync so I gave up and used an app.

The podcast apps are all very basic at best, all combined they don't make one decent podcast player. For example, I'd like a player than can download podcasts then be able to play all downloaded so I can leave the phone in my pocket and not have to keep taking it out to change podcasts but no, Even if I download several episodes of the same podcast once one stops I have to manually change to the next episode. All basic things that a podcast player should do, Google Listen wasn't the most advance player ever but it got all the basics spot on.

I don't know I just think the music/podcast side of things isn't thought out properly and is very much the worst I've used in a smart phone.

Just delete all your personal music, sign up for XBOX Music pass and then redownload all the music you had. Then everything will work like a charm.

vtomnibot

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
If you touch the "tile" for the podcast subscription, it will play the podcasts sequentially in the order that you have selected in settings. If you select an individual podcast, it will only play that one podcast and stop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12