Dell Venue Pro- Best for school.

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Who still uses DVP?

I find physical keyboard to be the best to use while working with Office, OneNote or Docs.

Family member has Lumia and I cannot get over the fact that onscreen keyboard takes away half of the ******* screen. I like to re-read my essay's and writing without using the back button to hide the onscreen keyboard. I also hate scrolling up and down.

Therefore, I may stick to DVP for awhile unless I get those 5 inch phones in the future that will solve the onscreen keyboard space problem.

windows-phone-7-preview_15.jpg
Seriously, this is unacceptable.

Phones need physical keyboards too and It sucks that at the recent event, Nokia had no intentions on creating a phone like this.
Dell-Venue-Pro-640x455.jpg
And Dell is stupid for not using this same beautiful phone with with WP8. I would have been sold first day.

And honestly, I hope Blackberry shows other OEMs that there is a market for this.
blackberry-q10.jpg

It's absurd that theyre too focused on thin, light devices nowadays and neglecting devices that can actually be productive.

I may get another one on ebay for back up since theyre going for 70-80 dollars now. Still one of the best looking device to date.

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I actually has a Venue Pro imported. I did like the screen, although the res wasn't huge it was nice and bright. The down side was that mine broke fairly quickly, it was bulky and it is seriously out of date now, particularly because Dell doesn't even make phones anymore. I also found the keyboard was good for saving screen space but it wasn't a great keyboard. Agree that Nokia should make a q10 like device for wp8 though

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Between the two well known devices with physical keyboard (the Arrive and DVP), I like the larger screen of the DVP but I'd still choose the Arrive for the bigger keyboard.

HTC-Arrive-on-Pre-Order-at-Sprint-Lands-on-March-20th-at-199-99-2.jpg

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I wish there was a WP8 phone with that look/keyboard.

Until Microsoft, any WP OEM's, or just the smartphone market in general see any use for physical QWERTY sliders, which is considered a niche feature nowadays, any chances of a WP8 or even a WP9 device with physical keyboards are highly unlikely to implausible. I admit it, I love physical keyboards better than virtual, software ones (though the WP one is easier to type with than any other virtual keyboard I've ever used on a device), but there's really no use for QWERTY sliders since most devices are now thin candy bar-esque slabs trying to fit in with the set "market". However, it could make a comeback someday....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos