Is Youtube messed up for anyone else these days?

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Over the past couple of weeks I've started running a weird problem on YouTube, when I'm watching a video it will randomly jump to the end of the video even though it's far from done, and at that point the length of the video in the info bar at the bottom of the screen would have changed as well.

An example:

I'm watching this VoD from MLG:

Thorzain vs Creator - Game 4 - Winter Exhibition - YouTube

The video is 15 minutes 51 seconds long.

But at some random point, say 8:51, it will stop and the time at the bottom will read 8:51/8:81 and the video window will have the "related videos" thing up.

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's happening both with flash and html5. I'm almost starting to believe that Google is screwing with me because I'm using IE.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a different browser such as Firefox, Chrome or Opera?

Is this happening with any other streaming video on other sites?

How is your internet speed?

zicoz

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried other browsers, but no issues if I use Mediaportal to play back the videos. No issues on other sites. Testing SRWare Iron browser now.

My internet is only a 5Mbit ADSL, but no issues with other sites, including running multiple twitch.tv streams all day long.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the entire 15:51 minute video in IE10, and the entire thing played fine. It also played fine in Mozilla Nightly, which is my default browser.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, there has/are intermittent issues with playing videos lately. Others are reporting it on forum sites. I tested multiple PCs in multiple OS with Chrome, IE10 and Firefox and got the same issue intermittently.

Rndomuser

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a known problem, which can often be resolved by blocking YouTube's caching servers... Google the "youtube blocking cache", you'll find the solutions...

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had that issue yet. I have had videos start playback with the player volume muted. Youtube in all its glory!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786