Laptop as extended WP screen?

mmorga84

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering switching to WP 8. But I'd need to figure out if it can replicate a functionality that I get with my android.
I use my laptop to work remotely on my (Citrix XenDesktop) desktop using android FoxFi. This lets me broadcast a hotspot without Verizon charging me for tethering. This isn't something I do frequently, but when its called up, that access can be a lifesaver.

So I'm looking feedback on the practicality of either of the following solutions:
Phone as HotSpot: Is there a Windows 8 hotspot app that shields Verizon from the tether?
Laptop as terminal for phone: I'm assuming the Win8 Citrix Receiver app is fully functional (equal to android app) and I can access my Xendesktop through the phone. But in order to do real work, need a fullsize screen and keyboard. Is there a way to use a laptop as a dummy terminal for the phone, either USB hardwired or through Bluetooth?​

I don't know how to research this because there is not a legitimate MS retail within 3 hours (folks at Best Buy don't have any idea what is going on). If anyone has suggestions, or knows of other resources where I can explore options before I buy, I'd be very appreciative.

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
1. my phone has tethering by default, just maybe verizon blocks it, I have no idea since I live in europe.
2. I'm pretty sure no.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6