05-20-2014 01:40 PM
119 12345
tools
    What music issues?
    That's cute
    04-13-2013 12:00 PM
    I converted at least 3-4. Except one, all seems to be happy.
    despertador and msxbox like this.
    04-13-2013 12:23 PM
    Technically 8 people, but they bought 12 windows phones, as some got an upgrade. :)

I'll list the phones of which they bought. I'll include my self in these.

Grandma: Dell Venue Pro, Nokia Lumia 920

Grandpa: Dell Venue Pro (I'm making him wait for the next lumia flagship)

Friend: HTC Trophy, soon Nokia Lumia 928

Friend's Husband: Nokia Lumia 900

Dad: Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920

Mom: Nokia Lumia 920

Brother: Nokia Lumia 920 (then went back to the 4S, returned the 920)

Me: Dell Venue Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 920

Soon to be 19 phones and 11 people, as my Friend, Friend's Husband, Grandpa, hopefully my brother and sister, hopefully my Cousin, and me again if the next flagship is good.
    despertador and msxbox like this.
    04-13-2013 01:05 PM
    That's cute
    don't dodge the question lol
    what music issues WP has? plz we'll be delighted to listen :)
    04-13-2013 01:11 PM
    Please tell me you are joking.
    04-13-2013 01:58 PM
    There are multiple threads with complaints about music/media management issues on WP
    04-13-2013 02:16 PM
    3 and counting, one of them got a Lumia 800 because they were a loyal Nokia customer, another form android being my sister, fed up of it lagging and restarting ect and another one coming from a Blackberry - nuff said.
    msxbox likes this.
    04-13-2013 03:06 PM
    None. I have impressed quite a few. I have found that familiarity is a hard thing to over come. I will continue showing off my 920 because it is bad azz. I have no problems putting it up against my friends androids or apples, it does real good...
    msxbox likes this.
    04-13-2013 03:12 PM
    4 people switched to Windows Phone because of me. Maybe more via my twitter account. @celikkoseoglu
    msxbox likes this.
    04-13-2013 04:36 PM
    Lack of the app isn't the reason -- I think -- for people to switch, but it's about the quality of the apps.
    But, I'm curious of what you mean about 'shortage', is that something about the short-circuit problem, or, maybe, about its (the device) age?
    WP8 is improving in app selection, such as some big name ones like Spotify & Pandora now being available. And more keep coming. But I missed apps such as Torque, Flipboard, and MLB At Bat. That's what I mean by "app shortage." Those 3 apps and about 600,000 more are missing! And even though Facebook, YouTube, and Reddit apps are available, I found app quality very poor. Metrotube was good, but not free, and not any better than the 1st party YouTube apps on iOS and Android. The Microsoft YouTube app is simply a shortcut to YouTube's website. I got tired of tapping away to make simple settings changes, such as wifi toggling. To be fair, iOS is still that way, and Android was until a recent update to Jelly Bean (although widgets take care of that problem no matter the OS version). A single volume setting (in WP8) and no way to disable screen orientation are major flaws that shouldn't be present in any OS that wants to "run with the big dogs." Probably the single biggest thing I missed was Google Now.

If someone asked me for advice, and all they wanted to do was call, text, and browse, I would likely recommend WP because its basic functionality and the simple UI make it easy to use. But it's the reasons above why I wouldn't recommend WP to anyone now using iPhone or Android. WP aside, I wouldn't even try to convince anyone using iPhone or Android to switch to the other.

For the record, I use a Nexus 4 as my main phone. I carry 2 phones, and I switch devices for my 2nd phone. I had a Lumia 920 for awhile, but traded it for an iPhone 5, which I use currently.
    04-13-2013 06:42 PM
    suuure because FB official Android app is a synonym of quality...just check users reviews, there's ALWAYS a LOT of pplz complaining about the app being faulty and buggy...it's actually a contradition to say Fandroids care about quality - doesen't matter if the app is buggy as long as they have it! 3.6 stars is actually a shame for FB!

and that's just one example! the thing is all OSes has quality apps and crappy apps...just because WP8 store didn't reach a high quantity (yet) doesen't mean quality apps ain't there!

and before you throw rocks at me, i KNOW Android has tons of good apps - i had an Xperia Mini for a long time - but after digging WP store i was surprised to how many good apps i found!

so yeah, don't use WP if you don't like it but spreading this "lack of apps" sh1t is kind of infuriating...let pplz try for themselves! perhaps after taking a deep look at what WP store has to offer, they'll find good apps and replacements for their Droid apps - like i did, like many others did too - if they don't like it, they'll just move on!

i would never not recommend Android to someone because of apps...and if someone asked me i'd say it's a mixed bag of good and bad apps, just try it and see how it works for you!
    msxbox and diego9016 like this.
    04-13-2013 07:56 PM
    I love and stick to WP but I wish there was some new better News apps. And the best BBC one s has now gone
    04-13-2013 08:12 PM
    I love and stick to WP but I wish there was some new better News apps. And the best BBC one s has now gone
    have you tried Weave News Reader? I find it to be pretty good...if it had night mode, i would call it perfect!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-14-2013 12:04 AM
    ^^
    Weave is brilliant, try it out :-):-)

I recently converted 2:
    Nokia e63 to L820, nokia X2 to L520. One more conversion by the end of the mth to L620.

edit: 3rd conversion done :-D to a lumia 620
    Last edited by mpt15; 05-13-2013 at 11:40 AM.
    msxbox likes this.
    04-22-2013 02:01 AM
    I'm in the process of converting my mum and dad.
    They're using old Nokias at the moment and believe that they have to stick to Nokia phones.
    Half the job done already. They're a bit unsure of touchscreen though.
    msxbox likes this.
    04-22-2013 05:00 AM
    11 here.. :)
    msxbox likes this.
    04-22-2013 10:51 AM
    Hi, one person my boss from i phones, he tried my 620 then went for 920, happy convert, still trying with family,daughter and two
    granddaughters all i phone addicts no chance, saving for 820 soon, its hard to get friends to try windows phone, will keep trying,
    am ex Android owner staying with Nokia windows phone, would like BBC I Player hope it comes soon.
    msxbox and mpt15 like this.
    04-22-2013 07:36 PM
    Myself -> Lumia 920 / Lumia 820
    My cousin -> Lumia 900
    My mother -> Lumia 900
    My best friend -> HTC 8X

And most recently, my fiance took over my Lumia 820. And, she loves it.
    msxbox likes this.
    06-04-2013 03:33 AM
    I've converted no one and won't recommend it until things are better. However, if someone asks me about my phone and their needs are pretty basic then I would gladly tell them about WP. I will also gladly help those who have adopted WP and need some guidance.
    06-04-2013 04:19 AM
    My friend (620) UPDATE: switched back to Android, his brother (520), his mother (920)
    My other friend (620), his sister (620), his brother (620) and his mother (820)
    My sister (820); brother (620 - the one I previously owned) and got myself a 1020.
    My dad (920) and soon my mum (one of the phablets) :D
    Last edited by Technoloay; 02-19-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    msxbox likes this.
    06-04-2013 04:52 AM
    I had 3 converts in a week ( only had my wp a week )

Lost one because he fell for some spiel about a new android and contracted it.
    Lost another because he cant find decent screen protectors in the uk.
    Wife was going to move over from Android but after 3 days seeing me suffer with the music app she binned the idea though she loves 'Drive Here'.

So that leaves just me converted ( for now ) but hey its only been a week !
    msxbox likes this.
    06-04-2013 05:20 AM
    I had 3 converts in a week ( only had my wp a week )

Lost one because he fell for some spiel about a new android and contracted it.
    New Androids are not that bad. I wish people would stop bagging them.

Lost another because he cant find decent screen protectors in the uk.
    Find this hard to believe. I bought my case on eBay, local to UK, came with screeen protector though don't really need one.

Wife was going to move over from Android but after 3 days seeing me suffer with the music app she binned the idea though she loves 'Drive Here'.
    Don't blame her. The Music app is a disaster and even HERE Drive hasn't been that great.

So that leaves just me converted ( for now ) but hey its only been a week !
    I find it funny how some people consider themselves a convert. I consider myself a user of WP at the moment. It needs to fix a few things before I become a 'covert' but then I may never be a one.
    06-04-2013 05:40 AM
    4 so far :D
    msxbox likes this.
    06-04-2013 05:42 AM
    Just my dad, he was struggling with a Galaxy Nexus so he now uses my HD7. I'm going to get my mum converted to a Lumia 520, she is using an HTC Desire at the moment, and I'm working on converting my sister and her boyfriend as well.

I was a convert with Windows Phone 7, switched back to Android with a Galaxy Nexus and now I'm back to WP with the ATIV S. I don't think I'll be going back to Android any time soon either, it may have the apps and specs but IMHO, even with all that horsepower, the performance sucks.

Off topic, I love this review of the Galaxy Mega 6.3, big and unwieldy I think were his exact words if I remember correctly!!!!!

This is another reason why I won't go back to Android, the assumption that bigger = better, this review proves otherwise!!!
    Last edited by neo158; 06-04-2013 at 06:31 AM.
    06-04-2013 06:14 AM
    3, my father and my 2 friends but I primarily use Android (Nexus 4).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    msxbox likes this.
    06-04-2013 07:20 AM
119 12345