How many people have you converted to WP so far?

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
suuure because FB official Android app is a synonym of quality...just check users reviews, there's ALWAYS a LOT of pplz complaining about the app being faulty and buggy...it's actually a contradition to say Fandroids care about quality - doesen't matter if the app is buggy as long as they have it! 3.6 stars is actually a shame for FB!

and that's just one example! the thing is all OSes has quality apps and crappy apps...just because WP8 store didn't reach a high quantity (yet) doesen't mean quality apps ain't there!

and before you throw rocks at me, i KNOW Android has tons of good apps - i had an Xperia Mini for a long time - but after digging WP store i was surprised to how many good apps i found!

so yeah, don't use WP if you don't like it but spreading this "lack of apps" sh1t is kind of infuriating...let pplz try for themselves! perhaps after taking a deep look at what WP store has to offer, they'll find good apps and replacements for their Droid apps - like i did, like many others did too - if they don't like it, they'll just move on!

i would never not recommend Android to someone because of apps...and if someone asked me i'd say it's a mixed bag of good and bad apps, just try it and see how it works for you!

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
^^
Weave is brilliant, try it out :):)

I recently converted 2:
Nokia e63 to L820, nokia X2 to L520. One more conversion by the end of the mth to L620.

edit: 3rd conversion done :-D to a lumia 620

Last edited:

Bizarro_Prime

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the process of converting my mum and dad.
They're using old Nokias at the moment and believe that they have to stick to Nokia phones.
Half the job done already. They're a bit unsure of touchscreen though.

Traderhorn

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, one person my boss from i phones, he tried my 620 then went for 920, happy convert, still trying with family,daughter and two
granddaughters all i phone addicts no chance, saving for 820 soon, its hard to get friends to try windows phone, will keep trying,
am ex Android owner staying with Nokia windows phone, would like BBC I Player hope it comes soon.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Myself -> Lumia 920 / Lumia 820
My cousin -> Lumia 900
My mother -> Lumia 900
My best friend -> HTC 8X

And most recently, my fianc?e took over my Lumia 820. And, she loves it.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've converted no one and won't recommend it until things are better. However, if someone asks me about my phone and their needs are pretty basic then I would gladly tell them about WP. I will also gladly help those who have adopted WP and need some guidance.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
My friend (620) UPDATE: switched back to Android, his brother (520), his mother (920)
My other friend (620), his sister (620), his brother (620) and his mother (820)
My sister (820); brother (620 - the one I previously owned) and got myself a 1020.
My dad (920) and soon my mum (one of the phablets) :D

Last edited:

medway01

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I had 3 converts in a week ( only had my wp a week )

Lost one because he fell for some spiel about a new android and contracted it.
Lost another because he cant find decent screen protectors in the uk.
Wife was going to move over from Android but after 3 days seeing me suffer with the music app she binned the idea though she loves 'Drive Here'.

So that leaves just me converted ( for now ) but hey its only been a week !

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I had 3 converts in a week ( only had my wp a week )

Lost one because he fell for some spiel about a new android and contracted it.

New Androids are not that bad. I wish people would stop bagging them.

Lost another because he cant find decent screen protectors in the uk.

Find this hard to believe. I bought my case on eBay, local to UK, came with screeen protector though don't really need one.

Wife was going to move over from Android but after 3 days seeing me suffer with the music app she binned the idea though she loves 'Drive Here'.

Don't blame her. The Music app is a disaster and even HERE Drive hasn't been that great.

So that leaves just me converted ( for now ) but hey its only been a week !

I find it funny how some people consider themselves a convert. I consider myself a user of WP at the moment. It needs to fix a few things before I become a 'covert' but then I may never be a one.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Just my dad, he was struggling with a Galaxy Nexus so he now uses my HD7. I'm going to get my mum converted to a Lumia 520, she is using an HTC Desire at the moment, and I'm working on converting my sister and her boyfriend as well.

I was a convert with Windows Phone 7, switched back to Android with a Galaxy Nexus and now I'm back to WP with the ATIV S. I don't think I'll be going back to Android any time soon either, it may have the apps and specs but IMHO, even with all that horsepower, the performance sucks.

Off topic, I love this review of the Galaxy Mega 6.3, big and unwieldy I think were his exact words if I remember correctly!!!!!

Galaxy Mega 6.3

This is another reason why I won't go back to Android, the assumption that bigger = better, this review proves otherwise!!!

Last edited:

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Converted myself away from iPhone, getting rid of my iPhone5.
Nephew getting 8s, Sister taking her shopping for an iphone replacement in two weeks, likes what she sees of my 8x.
Two android colleagues. My mothers iPhone contract is up in a month and she will get a lower Lumia.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Myself (iPhone 4 to Lumia 920)
Friend 1 (iPhone 4 to Lumia 920)
Friend 2 (iPhone 4 to Lumia 920)
Friend 3 (dumbphone to Lumia 920)
Mum (Nokia E63 to Lumia 520)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Got one yesterday. My neighbor got the Lumia 521. Actually it's his first "smart phone". The look of eyes getting bigger and bigger as I showed him features was awesome. All he could keep saying was "WOW!!! That's so f*&!?@#$ Cool."

Trainwreck_0532

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
0, all my friends and I are musicians, and as soon as they hear about double and even triple tracking and DRM issues, they want to stick with their iTunes.

barttool

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm slowly injecting Windows Phones in my family. I got an Omnia 7 in 2010, then in 2011 I got my sister a Quantum and then I got a lumia 920 and gave my dad the omnia

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb