How many people have you converted to WP so far?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I will try my best to make my bf switch to WP, BUT he loves Android and specially the Samsung phones Ugh... they're good and all that, but WP is better!

Make him play subway surfers or any heavy game on your wp he will love lag free gaming.

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Ixia

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Only one. A friend has the strange issue that Iphones don't register her touch, so she'd been using an ancient Sony. I said try my Nokia with the gloved setting on and it works, so she now has a 920.
Other friends all have and love their Androids, husband happy with his Iphone.
I've been tempted to nudge my parents in the direction of a smartphone (my mum still has a Nokia 3310!), but I know I'd end up being the 24hr tech support for them and it's not worth the stress.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I will try my best to make my bf switch to WP, BUT he loves Android and specially the Samsung phones Ugh... they're good and all that, but WP is better!

I am also taken aback about how people can even live with the looks of some of the Samsung phones!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I am also taken aback about how people can even live with the looks of some of the Samsung phones!

Seriously they all have almost the same look only difference they have is size and specifications(doesn't make that difference cause they all lag after few months) 😉

Sent from my Lumia 620 wp8.1 RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Only 1 but i did not try, the person decided on their own after using my 920...now i've got a 2nd friend considering to switch from iPhone. I will not try to convert people as i dont want to be blame if they hate it, so i give them my phone and let them decide, in addition to answering any questions they have honestly (no ****** here).

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
3 people.

My friend she loved my 900 so much I gave it to her when I upgraded to an 820. My little brother who loved the HTC 8S and my older brother who was perfectly happy with my little brothers older 710.

My friend told me the other day he plans to buy a 520, I told him to get the 525 instead, he's looking into it.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I managed to make my aunt switch to WP from Android. She bought a 1020 recently. And oh my she regrets buying a WP so much! Only because of the poor performance of the social apps like facebook, whatsapp, viber, etc! I feel so embarrassed; but also rageful at the same time that she is just not being able to feeel the premiumness of the 1020! She is not caring about how awesome the display is, how awesome the camera is, how well it perfoms if compared to her previous lagdroid, shes only caring about the social apps. Damn! -_-

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I so far converted 2 people (both coming from dumbphones). Stuck on Verizon, my wife didn't want the Icon (too big was her complaint), I suggested the 928, but she was just not feeling it - she wound up with a Iphone 5S. My Brother in law was on the fence with the Icon vs. the HTC One M8 - he decided on the HTC - he really liked the interface, but was put off by not having certain apps. More and more people are noticing my phone, and whomever asks about it, I give it glowing reviews, and suggest they switch.

Mister Underhill

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I've converted three people: a coworker, a coach, and a friend. But after using WP since early 2011, I'm thinking of switching to the iphone. I love WP and believe it's by far the best OS, but whenever an app comes out that I could actually use, it seems it's never available on WP.

diego9016

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I converted myself from a Xperia Z1 to a Lumia 1520, and I can honestly say I'll never go back to android. My previous phones where iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, Galaxy S3, Xperia Z, Galaxy S4, Xperia Z1, so I can honestly say that I've had a long experience with iOS and Android.

Yes, the lack of apps or the poor quality of some of them is frustrating, but WP is growing, and with my 1520 I know I have a phone that will last long and it's just beautiful.

I'm trying to convince my gf to change to WP, and she really likes my 1520, but this is my first WP and she doesn't like the size, so I don't know which one to buy to her.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't think I'll recommend it anymore. The app gap and the whatsapp situation is way too reader and irritating

Sent from my RM-942_lta_lta_228 using Tapatalk

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I'll recommend it anymore. The app gap and the whatsapp situation is way too reader and irritating

Sent from my RM-942_lta_lta_228 using Tapatalk

and yet I still have all the apps I need and whatsapp with my wife every day without problems...

I 'converted' my aunt from iPhone 4 (she wanted a bigger screen, I suggested 1520), my sister recently (she got 520 for a price of a feature phone), my brother and his wife had 620s even before me and my wife had 720 before me too. On a recent family get together there was more WPs then androids and iphones (1 iphone, 2 or 3 androids and 6 Lumias out of 14 people, the rest were dumb phones). Then again, WP is hitting it off quite well in Europe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs