Storage Check is not working

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I've updated my Lumia 620 with new firmware (OTA) two days ago.

After update, I have checked the "Storage Check" feature, and it showed the details after almost one minute of loading.

But last night, I wanted to check it again, and it stayed at loading (Spinning that chart) forever. I mean, I've opened "Storage Check" last night, and today morning, it was still loading :|

What should I do?

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I updated my 620 last night and I'm having the same issue here. The storage check keeps loading forever. I've restarted my phone but the problem is still there. So sad this features is not working :(

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I think I have a workaround for that problem -- mine (Lumia 620) got it work again after getting the same issue, but it's important to backup your data on your phone as this method will delete all apps, settings, and personal data on your phone.

I used these steps in order to get it work again:
- Backup personal apps on your phone memory (not to be confused with memory card)
- Go to Apps > Settings > About, and tap reset the phone
- Tap Yes twice, and it will reset your phone, and it takes about 5-15 minutes, so be sure your battery is full enough.
- After setting up Microsoft account after reset, find the QR codes for extras+info and network+ app update on WPCentral, and install them.

May this will help you :)

P.S. If you want to get quicker access to the network+ and extras+info apps, you can head up to this link:
- network+ -- http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-pushes-out-another-network-update-lumias
- extras+info -- http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-pushes-out-another-extras-info-system-update-lumia-phones

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
well that's weird...after i updated my 620, storage check was there and is working properly for me >.<

It could be happened for some users, including me. I think Nokia would release the updates soon relating to this issue.
But so far, after the reset and updating the apps, the storage check feature is running well on my Lumia 620 ;)

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I think I have a workaround for that problem -- mine (Lumia 620) got it work again after getting the same issue, but it's important to backup your data on your phone as this method will delete all apps, settings, and personal data on your phone.

- Backup personal apps on your phone memory (not to be confused with memory card)
- Tap Yes twice, and it will reset your phone, and it takes about 5-15 minutes, so be sure your battery is full enough.
- After setting up Microsoft account after reset, find the QR codes for extras+info and network+ app update on WPCentral, and install them.

P.S. If you want to get quicker access to the network+ and extras+info apps, you can head up to this link:
- network+ -- Nokia pushes out another Network+ update for Lumias | Windows Phone Central
- extras+info -- Nokia pushes out another Extras + Info system update for Lumia phones | Windows Phone Central

Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time.

I hope so, because I'm having the same issue when resetting the phone. So I pulled up the battery for about 30 minutes, and I let it go again after I turned on my phone. Thankfully, my phone is up again until now ;)

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I waited a few minutes before the storage check appeared in my settings. First time I checked it was not there, and then I open up the phone storage, back to the settings,and then suddenly the 'storage check ' appears but it is not working.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I waited a few minutes before the storage check appeared in my settings. First time I checked it was not there, and then I open up the phone storage, back to the settings,and then suddenly the 'storage check ' appears but it is not working.

did you wait for a few seconds to give it a work? I have my storage check worked properly, after waited for 10-30 seconds -> https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2926B7F7C924ECCA!1669&authkey=!AA1dze99CjCdF5c

Btw, did you asked the firmware version? The firmware version after the reset is still 1308, as the factory reset only affects the OS, not the firmware ;)

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the firmware 1308 but can't see any storage check app. Can someone please advise

did you downloaded the latest network+ and extras+info apps listed on my post? If you didn't then you have to check those links first, and let me know what will happen next.

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

Oris

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site

- network+ -- Nokia pushes out another Network+ update for Lumias | Windows Phone Central
- extras+info -- Nokia pushes out another Extras + Info system update for Lumia phones | Windows Phone Central

The 'storage check' is working now.This time the spinning gear only took 4 minutes before the phone reboot. Good tips to overcome this issue! I'm happy now :)

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The 'storage check' is working now.This time the spinning gear only took 4 minutes before the phone reboot. Good tips to overcome this issue! I'm happy now :)
Glad to see your problem solved, although it needs a little extra effort and sacrificing installed apps to fix this issue.

Well, enjoy the storage feature ;)

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't like to reset my phone. So I'll wait to see if there is any other solution. I'm contacting Nokia Care Twitter account also, I hope they can solve the problem without hard reset.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't like to reset my phone. So I'll wait to see if there is any other solution. I'm contacting Nokia Care Twitter account also, I hope they can solve the problem without hard reset.
Yeah, the very best way is to wait for the official solution, but if you can't wait, there's a workaround above that you can (always) do :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaviSmalle