04-25-2013 03:27 PM
28 12
tools
    I've updated my Lumia 620 with new firmware (OTA) two days ago.

After update, I have checked the "Storage Check" feature, and it showed the details after almost one minute of loading.

But last night, I wanted to check it again, and it stayed at loading (Spinning that chart) forever. I mean, I've opened "Storage Check" last night, and today morning, it was still loading :|

What should I do?
    04-12-2013 06:03 AM
    try restarting your Phone and then check again. :)
    04-12-2013 06:13 AM
    try restarting your Phone and then check again. :)
    Restarted, and problem still exists...
    04-12-2013 08:16 AM
    I updated my 620 last night and I'm having the same issue here. The storage check keeps loading forever. I've restarted my phone but the problem is still there. So sad this features is not working :(
    04-13-2013 01:01 AM
    I think I have a workaround for that problem -- mine (Lumia 620) got it work again after getting the same issue, but it's important to backup your data on your phone as this method will delete all apps, settings, and personal data on your phone.

I used these steps in order to get it work again:
    - Backup personal apps on your phone memory (not to be confused with memory card)
    - Go to Apps > Settings > About, and tap reset the phone
    - Tap Yes twice, and it will reset your phone, and it takes about 5-15 minutes, so be sure your battery is full enough.
    - After setting up Microsoft account after reset, find the QR codes for extras+info and network+ app update on WPCentral, and install them.

May this will help you :)

P.S. If you want to get quicker access to the network+ and extras+info apps, you can head up to this link:
    - network+ -- http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...-update-lumias
    - extras+info -- http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-...e-lumia-phones
    mky4b11 likes this.
    04-13-2013 01:11 AM
    well that's weird...after i updated my 620, storage check was there and is working properly for me >.<
    04-13-2013 01:17 AM
    Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time.
    Eas195 likes this.
    04-13-2013 01:24 AM
    well that's weird...after i updated my 620, storage check was there and is working properly for me >.<
    It could be happened for some users, including me. I think Nokia would release the updates soon relating to this issue.
    But so far, after the reset and updating the apps, the storage check feature is running well on my Lumia 620 ;)
    04-13-2013 01:24 AM
    I think I have a workaround for that problem -- mine (Lumia 620) got it work again after getting the same issue, but it's important to backup your data on your phone as this method will delete all apps, settings, and personal data on your phone.

- Backup personal apps on your phone memory (not to be confused with memory card)
    - Tap Yes twice, and it will reset your phone, and it takes about 5-15 minutes, so be sure your battery is full enough.
    - After setting up Microsoft account after reset, find the QR codes for extras+info and network+ app update on WPCentral, and install them.

P.S. If you want to get quicker access to the network+ and extras+info apps, you can head up to this link:
    - network+ -- Nokia pushes out another Network+ update for Lumias | Windows Phone Central
    - extras+info -- Nokia pushes out another Extras + Info system update for Lumia phones | Windows Phone Central
    Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time
    04-13-2013 01:26 AM
    Not having a good experience from the last time I reset my phone. The spinning gear last for more than 6 hours and made me worried. Anyway thanks for the tips, hopefully this time the spinning gear will not take much time.
    I hope so, because I'm having the same issue when resetting the phone. So I pulled up the battery for about 30 minutes, and I let it go again after I turned on my phone. Thankfully, my phone is up again until now ;)
    04-13-2013 01:28 AM
    I have the firmware 1308 but can't see any storage check app. Can someone please advise
    04-13-2013 02:51 AM
    Did the firmware still 1030.6407.1308.0008 after phone reset?
    04-13-2013 02:56 AM
    I waited a few minutes before the storage check appeared in my settings. First time I checked it was not there, and then I open up the phone storage, back to the settings,and then suddenly the 'storage check ' appears but it is not working.
    04-13-2013 03:01 AM
    I waited a few minutes before the storage check appeared in my settings. First time I checked it was not there, and then I open up the phone storage, back to the settings,and then suddenly the 'storage check ' appears but it is not working.
    did you wait for a few seconds to give it a work? I have my storage check worked properly, after waited for 10-30 seconds -> https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...A1dze99CjCdF5c

Btw, did you asked the firmware version? The firmware version after the reset is still 1308, as the factory reset only affects the OS, not the firmware ;)
    Oris likes this.
    04-13-2013 04:21 AM
    I have the firmware 1308 but can't see any storage check app. Can someone please advise
    did you downloaded the latest network+ and extras+info apps listed on my post? If you didn't then you have to check those links first, and let me know what will happen next.
    04-13-2013 04:23 AM
    did you wait for a few seconds to give it a work? I have my storage check worked properly, after waited for 10-30 seconds -> https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...A1dze99CjCdF5c

Btw, did you asked the firmware version? The firmware version after the reset is still 1308, as the factory reset only affects the OS, not the firmware ;)
    Yes. I thought I need to update the phone again.Thanks.
    04-13-2013 05:04 AM

- network+ -- Nokia pushes out another Network+ update for Lumias | Windows Phone Central
    - extras+info -- Nokia pushes out another Extras + Info system update for Lumia phones | Windows Phone Central
    The 'storage check' is working now.This time the spinning gear only took 4 minutes before the phone reboot. Good tips to overcome this issue! I'm happy now :)
    anish_206 and Eas195 like this.
    04-13-2013 06:44 AM
    The 'storage check' is working now.This time the spinning gear only took 4 minutes before the phone reboot. Good tips to overcome this issue! I'm happy now :)
    Glad to see your problem solved, although it needs a little extra effort and sacrificing installed apps to fix this issue.

Well, enjoy the storage feature ;)
    04-13-2013 08:52 AM
    I don't like to reset my phone. So I'll wait to see if there is any other solution. I'm contacting Nokia Care Twitter account also, I hope they can solve the problem without hard reset.
    04-13-2013 11:09 AM
    I don't like to reset my phone. So I'll wait to see if there is any other solution. I'm contacting Nokia Care Twitter account also, I hope they can solve the problem without hard reset.
    Yeah, the very best way is to wait for the official solution, but if you can't wait, there's a workaround above that you can (always) do :)
    04-13-2013 11:22 AM
    Yeah, the very best way is to wait for the official solution, but if you can't wait, there's a workaround above that you can (always) do :)
    Nokia Care Twitter also suggested me to reset my phone :|
    Currently I have 900MB free space, so I'll wait... but if I run out of space before the official solution, then I'll flash it :)
    04-13-2013 01:30 PM
    I reset my lumia 820 and the feature of storage check is gone, i dont understand why that happend, i update everything and theres nathing the firmware of my lumia ends on 1308.0001 i cant get it
    04-16-2013 04:09 PM
    I reset my lumia 820 and the feature of storage check is gone, i dont understand why that happend, i update everything and theres nathing the firmware of my lumia ends on 1308.0001 i cant get it
    You should update extras+info app. use the QR Code in this link: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...fo-update.html
    Miguel Damian likes this.
    04-16-2013 05:05 PM
    i just update all the apps from nokia in settings but, storage check dont show up
    04-16-2013 06:01 PM
    just forgetthe last reply, thanks a lot for your help dude, storage chek working fine
    04-16-2013 06:15 PM
28 12