GDR3 for WP 8 supports 5th column live tile?

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
(If I created the new thread in a wrong place, please let me know :) )

When I crawling in the internet, I found interesting news about GDR3 update for Windows Phone 8. That said: Besides of the support for 1080p screens, Windows Phone 8 GDR3 update will also support the 5th column of live tiles. It's interesting to be discussed here. ;)

Source: http://m.gsmarena.com/windows_phone_8_gdr3_update_to_give_users_more_tiles-news-5848.php (mobile site)

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe for a bigger phone, not sure if it would fit or look good on the current device sizes.

The rumor of the last update that would bring VPN and other things didn't happen, i think was supposed to be for q1 2013, so who knows how true this one is.

Eas195

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Agree, the Portico update for Windows Phone 8 does nothing more for VPN or such other features we've awaiting for, except for always-on WiFi feature which is interesting and useful for me (and for other people who relies on WiFi, of course)... Let's wait for this GDR3 update then ;)

Thinking about the 5th column of live tiles, maybe it would be supported on the current devices, too, just as the Androids which has 5 columns of icons. But I'm interested on the article that the update will include another tile size. That will make me to customize more than just only three-size-type tiles!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb