Download and print PDF?

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm considering buying a Windows Phone to replace my Nokia N8. One task I need to do with my phone is to download PDF documents from the web (NY Times crossword puzzles in PDF format) and then print them using my household HP printer.

Currently, on Symbian Belle, I use my Opera browser to download the PDF to the phone. Then I use HP's ePrint app to print to my printer. Works great.

I've read elsewhere that I wouldn't be able to download and locally save PDF files on a WP8 phone. Is this really true?!?

If it is is possible to save PDFs to the phone from the web, can I attach a PDF doc to an email (which I could send to my printer's email address)?

Thanks

rm rf

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The default PDF app shares documents by uploading them to Skydrive and sending an e-mail with a link to the shared document. I don't think that will work with your printer.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Rats. I really am attracted to a Nokia Windows Phone, but I'm thinking that my 2010-released N8 does more than current Windows Phones, although not with the beauty of the UI. I guess I'll stick with my N8 until Microsoft fixes more of this type of issue.

Thanks, rm rf for your reply.

trinkner

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've read that perhaps I could use UC Browser to download a PDF file to my SkyDrive, and then use the Mail Plus app to email the PDF from my SkyDrive to my printer.

I don't have a Windows Phone yet, so I can't give this a try. Has anybody used UC Browser and Mail Plus to print a downloaded PDF?

Thanks!

(I sure hope Microsoft can solve these limitations before Nokia comes out with their "EOS" phone... I'll be very tempted to buy it, but hassles like these PDF printing issues could cause me to wait for Microsoft to fix the OS.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon