Windows Phone users will be the downfall of Windows Phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bentstraight

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
After giving Windows Phone a try it's just way too underwhelming with nothing all that outstanding for software features and hardware to wow the masses. I think the biggest problem for Windows Phone is it's user base. One quick read of these forums and it seems a majority here are filled with excuses for Windows Phone shortcomings. Do you honestly not care whether WP survives and it's market share grows at a much faster rate than it currently is? Really now. Get more demanding. Stop with all the excuses for the underwhelming hardware. Phones need to be physically impressive to show well on the sales floor. This means SPECS!!! Disagree all you like, but the numbers don't lie. What do the best selling phones all have in common? World Class Leading Specs!!
Seriously stop excusing WP devices for their mediocre specs. WP needs to be thin, light, with big screens. There is no reason for a device with a smaller display being heavier and bigger than a device with a bigger screen. Stop saying, WP doesn't need more power to run smooth, or doesn't need an HD screen, or doesn't need "gimmicky" features, or doesn't need anything else that will help it SHOW better on the sales floor and in ads. How does a OVERLY MASSIVE phone like the Note 2 sell so much better than any regular size phone running WP OS.
I'm still shocked that MS didn't have WP fully loaded right from the get go. Why did it not support high end specs like HD displays at introduction. How does MS expect to go up against iOS and more importantly, Android? How was Samsung able to make such quick climb to the top with the Galaxy Line in under 4 short years. It's because of company drive and demanding consumers. Windows Phone users just don't seem all that demanding. I say make some noise and if MS cares, they will respond quickly, otherwise I think Windows Phone will just stay on low to mid level devices.

chinesepiratefood

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
WP7 ran on the WinCE kernel, which didn't support a lot of things. They needed time to update the Windows kernel to support phones. Android succeeded because carriers desperately wanted anything to go against the iPhone, and Android was the first viable option for them to push. There is TONS of criticism on this site of WP, and of Microsoft, and of the device makers, the fact that you appear to not have noticed it is a bit worrying and quite telling given the way you have presented your opinion.

By the way, I have never owned a windows phone, I have been using Android for 3+ years. But this post is largely BS.

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I am happy with my choice if you are not just leave the platform.. (Not trying to insult in any way).. I am happy with what I have.. Want specs? go to android

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After giving Windows Phone a try it's just way too underwhelming with nothing all that outstanding for software features and hardware to wow the masses. I think the biggest problem for Windows Phone is it's user base. One quick read of these forums and it seems a majority here are filled with excuses for Windows Phone shortcomings. Do you honestly not care whether WP survives and it's market share grows at a much faster rate than it currently is? Really now. Get more demanding. Stop with all the excuses for the underwhelming hardware. Phones need to be physically impressive to show well on the sales floor. This means SPECS!!! Disagree all you like, but the numbers don't lie. What do the best selling phones all have in common? World Class Leading Specs!!
Seriously stop excusing WP devices for their mediocre specs. WP needs to be thin, light, with big screens. There is no reason for a device with a smaller display being heavier and bigger than a device with a bigger screen. Stop saying, WP doesn't need more power to run smooth, or doesn't need an HD screen, or doesn't need "gimmicky" features, or doesn't need anything else that will help it SHOW better on the sales floor and in ads. How does a OVERLY MASSIVE phone like the Note 2 sell so much better than any regular size phone running WP OS.
I'm still shocked that MS didn't have WP fully loaded right from the get go. Why did it not support high end specs like HD displays at introduction. How does MS expect to go up against iOS and more importantly, Android? How was Samsung able to make such quick climb to the top with the Galaxy Line in under 4 short years. It's because of company drive and demanding consumers. Windows Phone users just don't seem all that demanding. I say make some noise and if MS cares, they will respond quickly, otherwise I think Windows Phone will just stay on low to mid level devices.

I see, so purposely gimp the OS so it's laggy and inefficient, and then release a line of phones that runs the OS poorly, and then a couple of high-end ones that will run it well by comparison (at least until the next rev, which the phone probably won't get anyway) just so they can put bigger numbers on the box? Good plan. Nokia no longer has the resources to do that, though. You know why Samusung rose to the top? Because they spammed the hell out of the market. They released 85,000,000 varieties of the same crappy phone that's each .05" larger than the next so that "Samsung" pretty much became synonymous with "Android". They were all cheap and use big number specs that sound good on paper, but the experience still amounts to garbage because they're not really optimized to work together. Samsung could care less about any single device they crap out that day. Their marketers are good and they have enough money to produce billions of phones, so everyone has one now. It's a good strategy, and a successful one, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. They won the Android market by spamming and then convincing people they need the "world's thinnest", "world's most biggester", "world's MOAR COARS!!!??!", not by producing good quality products. If MS/Nokia ends up doing this, I'm jumping ship.

Macdaddy0

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had every high end of android phone and was just sick of having a quad core device that still would freeze...ive had WP for a month now and couldn't be happier...y would WP need quad core when it runs so good with its dual core...i was one that used to be so hung up on specs I was constantly changing phones and was never happy with the performance. If ya wanna b**** about WP specs get rid and go back to android we won't miss u...i no I'm here for the long run and I no there are alot people here like me....sorry just being honest :)

Killer BIGxyz

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I see, so purposely gimp the OS so it's laggy and inefficient, and then release a line of phones that runs the OS poorly, and then a couple of high-end ones that will run it well by comparison (at least until the next rev, which the phone probably won't get anyway) just so they can put bigger numbers on the box? Good plan. Nokia no longer has the resources to do that, though. You know why Samusung rose to the top? Because they spammed the hell out of the market. They released 85,000,000 varieties of the same crappy phone that's each .05" larger than the next so that "Samsung" pretty much became synonymous with "Android". They were all cheap and use big number specs that sound good on paper, but the experience still amounts to garbage because they're not really optimized to work together. Samsung could care less about any single device they crap out that day. Their marketers are good and they have enough money to produce billions of phones, so everyone has one now. It's a good strategy, and a successful one, but it doesn't appeal to everyone. They won the Android market by spamming and then convincing people they need the "world's thinnest", "world's most biggester", "world's MOAR COARS!!!??!", not by producing good quality products. If MS/Nokia ends up doing this, I'm jumping ship.

IIt's. True, I've seen the note 2 lag more than is possible on the lowest specs windows phone ( the first generation)

Bentstraight

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
@cameradork
Riiiiiight. I said to gimp the OS and make it laggy and inefficient. Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Oh and the millions and millions of users that are buying Samsung phones are all idiots who gladly put up with a poor running cheap device and then come back for some more. Seriously, get your head out of your proverbial hole. Your response is exactly what I'm talking about. What do you think will happen to WP if it doesn't start getting some real market share. Developer support will die. And what will you do with even a more lack luster line of apps? My goodness, why do you think WP's market share sucks so bad? Your happy with the current state of affairs? Just because your satisfied with your experience doesn't mean WP seriously needs some help. Do you not recognize this?
The Galaxy S phones run amazingly quick and smooth. Stop making up BS to make you feel better about your WP device. Why not look at successful devices out there and think, hey MS should do some of that so WP can grow and get the developer support that is so badly needed. No developer support means No market share. Nobody wants a phone that doesn't have a good selection of apps.
Are you not capable of looking past your own needs for a device and see what the masses would want so that WP devices can start selling in some real numbers? I'll ask you again, are you happy with the current state of affairs with WP devices and market share? Do you not agree that current state of affairs with WP market share is pathetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte