Lumia 520 3g Network Problem

rk1708

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
My recently purchase Lumia 520 is not is only using 2G network from last 2-3 days, and it also don't show the home 3G network even when I search manually.

FYI:
Highest network speed is set to 3g
I have 3g data pack subscribed
Lumia 520 switch to 3g or 2g automatically based on the signal strength?

What can be the issue? OR is there any application using which I can force using 3g only network?

Pls reply

Thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
That's the same issue with my network. (using 620)

In the meantime, check with your network. Their 3G bands may not be supported by your phone, especially if your network is based on CDMA.

Brian Chan1

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have bought my Lumia 520 last week and couldn't get 3G to appear on the top left hand corner. I went to my service provider and have them try to do it but they couldn't. They said it could be that the phone is too new on the market and the service provider hasn't optimize for use on Lumia 520. I am currently using Edge.

lepond

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I got a 520 too and faced this problem for weeks! But it seems that I found a possible solution.
I don't know if it is a permanent solution but, when I face this problem, it works again when I do the following:

1) Turn ON airplane mode
2) Turn OFF airplane mode
3) Check if the connection is activated.

I really don't know what causes this problem, but after a little search on Google, I found out that others Lumia models have the same problem (800, 610, 710 and now 520)

Hope this helps you at least for a while. :)

mide64

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem when I bought my Lumia 520. To fix this problem, go language+region in settings and change it to your country of residence. That should fix the problem.

Hope it helps.

ravi sawant

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My recently purchase Lumia 520 is not is only using 2G network from last 2-3 days, and it also don't show the home 3G network even when I search manually.

FYI:
Highest network speed is set to 3g
I have 3g data pack subscribed
Lumia 520 switch to 3g or 2g automatically based on the signal strength?

What can be the issue? OR is there any application using which I can force using 3g only network?

Pls reply

Thanks

StillWater1234

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im having the same problem where i have full bars of signal and the letter e is in the corner of my phone but no internet page will load. I have roam on data connection on and network set to vodafone which is what my mobile provider runs through, i have tried doing the flight mode trick and my region is correct, i cant think of anything else so any help or response would be great, thanks! Im on a lumia 520 by the way

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, im having the same problem where i have full bars of signal and the letter e is in the corner of my phone but no internet page will load. I have roam on data connection on and network set to vodafone which is what my mobile provider runs through, i have tried doing the flight mode trick and my region is correct, i cant think of anything else so any help or response would be great, thanks! Im on a lumia 520 by the way

If you are not roaming, turn off the roaming setting. Have you subscribed for a 3g data pack or 2g? What's the highest connection speed set to?

Also, did you insert an intact micro sim or have you cut an older sim card to fit? Cutting the sim does cause some problems.

StillWater1234

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply, i have a micro sim that goes into the phone so it has not been cut. The highest connection is set to 3g but please could you tell me what you mean by subscribing to a 3g data pack? Thanks

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply, i have a micro sim that goes into the phone so it has not been cut. The highest connection is set to 3g but please could you tell me what you mean by subscribing to a 3g data pack? Thanks

Likely package... I.e. a 3G data package from your provider. Some data plans are 2G only.

Arun Prasad123

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Please let me know how to get the H signal of E for using internet and for Dialer software usage. I am facing big issues in using the dialer software. I need to call to India. I do not have any issue in using internet (facebook, gmail etc). Only problem I face is for using dialer software. Please help me at the earliest

atllosaurus

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have the very same problem as OP (520 won't connect to 3G), looks like some sort of firmware or hardware issue. Anyone know their way around that stuff?

Last edited:

Arun Prasad123

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I dont think its dialer problem. Sometimes when I am using some very strong WIFI connections I can use the dialer, but using my sim card with 3G data plan I am facing issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo