http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2013/...e/?fromcat=all

"Zuckerberg added that Facebook has a “good relationship” with Apple. The two companies teamed up last year to add deep integration of Facebook into iOS 6."

What's funny is that the article never mentions about windows phone at all even though the title mentions Microsoft. Talking about integration, they fail to mention about fb integration that happened more than 2 years ago :P
    Anyways I want to ask WP users this, should Microsoft improve their social network integration for deeper integration or adopt the Home portal in some ways to the operating system?
    04-16-2013 11:06 AM
    There is now an update to the article that says they are not in talks with Microsoft or Apple. Update also says they have good relationships with both companies.
    04-16-2013 11:16 AM
    Facebook home is silly. Why do we need to turn a phone into a specialized phone just for one application? I use email, texts, facebook, etc and I don't want my phone just optimized for one thing. Maybe I missed the point, but if People hub gets more features, I will never want or need Facebook Home.
    Jazmac and Abdul Rahman Noor like this.
    04-16-2013 11:21 AM
    I don't want Facebook Home to come over and ruin People Hub, but as an avid Facebook user, that Facebook chat function is so damn sexy.
    04-16-2013 11:26 AM
    It's the last thing I want on my phone. I hate the way FB and Zuckertwat dictates to me how I should be interacting with my friends. I hardly ever use it anymore, same for most of friends.
    04-16-2013 11:44 AM
    It's the last thing I want on my phone. I hate the way FB and Zuckertwat dictates to me how I should be interacting with my friends. I hardly ever use it anymore, same for most of friends.
    Well Home can be turned off so I don't see how they are dictating the users?
    04-16-2013 11:56 AM
    MS would never allow this.

The phrase 'puts people first' was originally quoted by the designers of WP. As in everything Zuckerberg does: 'steal and modify' then make a billion dollars of someone else's idea!!!

Microsoft are a bit too savvy to allow this sort of piggy backing. FB is already integrated into WP. We don't need any more of this crap!!!
    04-16-2013 12:15 PM
    Unlike those blinded by hatred for FB I can see how Home can be an attractive addition to WP. If we were being honest, the FB integration in WP is lacking and combined with the poor app the total experience is behind what you can get on other platforms. Mainly from the standpoint of WP being seen as a major player Home would be a good addition but implemented as a FB application hub on its own. That way it can be downloaded by those who want it, it doesnt take over the OS (which MS doesnt want) and users can switch to the platform and have the same experience they had on their previous phones.

Blindly ranting against it however, would seem to be counterproductive in much the same way so many people are ranting against instagram. Consumers want something so let the platform have it, if you dont like it dont use it. Simple.
    unreal_rik and budney like this.
    04-16-2013 12:41 PM
    I am not Facebook's biggest fan, but I hope MS and Facebook do strengthen their relationship. It would only mean a better experience on WP & Windows with better support for the end user, with apps and or People Hub/Me Tile, or possibly a new skin.
    04-16-2013 02:16 PM
    we don't need this crap on Windows Phone, what we do need is a proper facebook app and facebook messenger would be nice too
    04-16-2013 02:17 PM
    Nah that's ok Facebook.
    JerseySal likes this.
    04-16-2013 02:22 PM
    I'm guessing that MSFT and Apple would make FB pay dearly for such integration into the core OS.
    despertador likes this.
    04-16-2013 02:26 PM
    This and google glass are just products with very little benefit designed to get adverts right in your face. Google glass, in particular, had some serious privacy implications. Facebook home is more of an annoyance.
    04-16-2013 02:33 PM
    Everything is welcome as long as it attracts new users & is optional, there are big time Fb addicts out there
    (OH, certainly not me!).
    despertador likes this.
    04-16-2013 02:35 PM
    It wouldn't happen...WP has already built itself around the "people first" concept which if they were to allow FB Home on the WP devices that would mean only "Facebook People First" | iOS isn't about to give up any real estate to anyone else but Apple.
    04-16-2013 02:41 PM
    Facebook home is silly. Why do we need to turn a phone into a specialized phone just for one application? I use email, texts, facebook, etc and I don't want my phone just optimized for one thing. Maybe I missed the point, but if People hub gets more features, I will never want or need Facebook Home.
    I totally agree with you.
    04-16-2013 03:06 PM
    There is now an update to the article that says they are not in talks with Microsoft or Apple. Update also says they have good relationships with both companies.
    The relationship is so good, they blessed us with a superb FB app. lol
    04-16-2013 03:09 PM
    Unlike those blinded by hatred for FB I can see how Home can be an attractive addition to WP. If we were being honest, the FB integration in WP is lacking and combined with the poor app the total experience is behind what you can get on other platforms. Mainly from the standpoint of WP being seen as a major player Home would be a good addition but implemented as a FB application hub on its own. That way it can be downloaded by those who want it, it doesnt take over the OS (which MS doesnt want) and users can switch to the platform and have the same experience they had on their previous phones.

Blindly ranting against it however, would seem to be counterproductive in much the same way so many people are ranting against instagram. Consumers want something so let the platform have it, if you dont like it dont use it. Simple.
    You sir read my mind. I was thinking the same.
    04-16-2013 09:15 PM
    i believe we don't need Home but improved People Hub and a better FB app from MS or an official one!

what's the point of Home for WP if we have FB integration? surely it doesen't deliver a full experience but with improvements, such as sharing and seeing your groups, it would be better than a Home app imo
    04-16-2013 09:24 PM
    i believe we don't need Home but improved People Hub and a better FB app from MS or an official one!

what's the point of Home for WP if we have FB integration? surely it doesen't deliver a full experience but with improvements, such as sharing and seeing your groups, it would be better than a Home app imo
    Don't get me wrong, the idea of social network integrations were brilliant idea back in 2010 windows phone 7 days. Now it is showing its age. Microsoft never brought AIM or any other IM clients to messaging hub as they said. Me hub still doesn't let you tag friends while updating new statuses. I'm annoyed that Microsoft didn't do anything to improve the integrations except when they introduced tagging your friends on pictures.
    04-16-2013 09:31 PM
    Don't get me wrong, the idea of social network integrations were brilliant idea back in 2010 windows phone 7 days. Now it is showing its age. Microsoft never brought AIM or any other IM clients to messaging hub as they said. Me hub still doesn't let you tag friends while updating new statuses. I'm annoyed that Microsoft didn't do anything to improve the integrations except when they introduced tagging your friends on pictures.
    People hub may not be perfect but MS can't add all the protocols there. AIM protocol is not open source and they do not provide API to link to it so nothing can be done by MS. The way I see it the protocol must be open or owned by MS(msn messenger, fb or twitter are here) and have some market share to be there. So whatsapp or viber or AIM can't go in there.

Also you cant simply provide an API and let any app integrate there(imagine having 3 apps for facebook and 5 for twitter all competing for space there)
    04-16-2013 10:14 PM
    I need !! Really ==
    04-17-2013 02:20 AM
    I'd settle for a better Facebook app.
    04-17-2013 12:37 PM
    I'd settle for a better Facebook app.
    Nothing more for me to see WP to dump the fb app and go with full integration in the future!
    04-17-2013 12:45 PM
    I'm actually rather indifferent towards Facebook home vs many others who dislike it; but, I think the general "feel" of Facebook home just doesn't work well with iOS or Windows Phone.

Furthermore, I don't see much point in bringing Facebook home to Windows Phone, anyway, since Windows Phone's biggest feature is its UI and not its app ecosystem. If someone wanted to use Facebook home, there is no reason to pick Windows Phone. Facebook Home basically takes over the UI and Windows Phone has less apps than Android, so th consumer should probably just get the Android Facebook device.

Many of the elements of Facebook Home could probably already be added into Windows Phone if Facebook just improved the actual Facebook app. For example, Live Wallpapers accomplish the Facebook Home lockscreen. Our "messaging app" already integrates Facebook IM and we already have the option to "share" to Facebook in many place. The only major Facebook Home feature we're missing and probably can't accomplish with the current APIs are the "heads". I think overlapping, movable objects are definitely not very Metro.
    04-17-2013 01:06 PM