Windows phone app not syncing with iTunes

Moralz

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hola folks,
I'm having issues with the Windows phone 8 app for mac and iTunes. For about a week I've been getting the message

"we need your permission to use the iTunes library in "/Users/me/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector/Data/Music/iTunes". To give us permission , click ok, then choose the folder that contains your library. (You'll only need to do this once)

I'm using mountain lion and an HTC 8X

Every time I select the folder, the same message pops up. I've hit cancel and tried the Allow access to folder and it's not working. It's basically not recognizing iTunes. When I tried to sync my phone, the app began to delete all my files until I stopped the sync. I've tried to un/reinstall the app and no bueno.

Any tips?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you reinstalled iTunes? I don't have a mac to test with. Also ensure you are selecting the correct folder with your library.

cae758

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Mac running the latest version of Mountain Lion and Windows Phone Connector and I keep getting this message each time I open WP Connector:

Any suggestions?

I don't usually have problems and I'm not sure what I could have done recently to no longer see my media appear when I connect my Lumia 920.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
There is a menu item in the WP Connector app that says something like "Authorise folder" - I am working from memory, so it may say "Authorise library" or some other wording that implies the need to allow you to access the iTunes library :) :) Use your common sense and innate pattern recognition :)

Select it and you will get a file selection dialog window - find and select your main iTunes library folder.

This will authorise WP Connector to access the iTunes library and fix the problem - I had exactly the same issue.

It doesn't tell you anywhere that you need to do this - Microsoft need to explain this more prominently in the app - perhaps as a popup when you first run it.

Moralz

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So I found a "fix" through trial and error.
I deleted the "com.microsoft.Windows-Phone-7-Connector" folder several times, restarted the computer, tried again but got the same results. After deleting the folder again, and switching usb ports, I finally got the app to recognize my itunes folder but it wasn't syncing.
Finally, I changed the name of my phone and everything magically worked again.

Good grief

David Moxon

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!

In Windows Phone App for Mac, go to File -> Allow Access to Folder, then direct to the iTunes folder where your music is stored.

Shame on Microsoft for not making this clear. How are we supposed to guess that we need to do this?!

Thanks Internet and thanks to the Wpcentral forum for being there!

William Brown3

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This is how i fixed my issue with 11.1...the only additional thing you need to make sure is the phone is unlocked while starting up WP sync....then it all worked...silly but finally back in business.

Android_joy

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Windows phone app not syncing with iTunes. This solution sounds workable.

Wonderful ! Amazing that one of the largest software companies i.e.. MS can make it so difficult. Now my syncing is going, one file apiece. Hopefully this will resolve issues.

I was struggling earlier. MS - please note the world has advanced in Mobile Device - Laptop/Desktop connectivity. Please improve.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99