I Like To Windows Phone'ate When I'm Alone.

Lumiaddict

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am a migrant from iOS to WP8...One thing i feel that didnt bridge the gap was the overall ability of my Lumia 920 to keep me "engaged" while using the phone. The lack of apps and to some extent, the quality of apps, is not keeping me interested.....

What apps are you using that keep you occupied the most? Does anyone know what im talking about? Lol

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I feel that the quality of all apps that I use on a daily basis is great. To answer your question what apps are keeping me occupied the most, those are Pandora (without commercials!!!), Basketball Live (there is no NBA Gametime, but this app does an excellent job), ESPN, Note Plus, Amazing Weather HD, Wikipedia, WP Central, ProShot, Office, SkyDrive, Metrotube, Engadget, App Highlights, LinkedIn, Facebook (needs improvements), Twitter, Whatsapp and Viber.

I might mention more than you needed, but I'm using all these on a daily basis. Viber received major improvements with last update, Whatsapp is looking good, but more work can definitely be done (GPS and received pictures!!!).

Just be patient, as the things have started moving forward for WP 8. I am experiencing a huge difference between mid December when i got L920 and now.

Hope this will somehow help.

Cheers

kassdog

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm with op on this one. I got the 920 to test out before the HTC one comes out Friday. What I'm finding with windows mobile is I don't stay on my phone and I want to. But after looking at it for three minutes im bored.

not to say its bad but with android I was always on my phone doing something. Most people wouldn't like that but I love being on a phone.

Lumiaddict

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One may be the first MUST own Android device for me.

WP8 is so fluid and flawless in its operation, but without proper support from developers, its lacking.

absonj

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

So true! I have noticed, as has my wife, that I am no longer 'messing around' with my phone near as much as I did with my old Thunderbolt. She is on her iPhone now much more than me. I am enjoying the fact that this phone tells me exactly what I need to know without having to mess with so many apps. Its a real nice breath of fresh air. Plus, my neck doesn't hurt as much from all that looking down.

Now, to answer the OP, I don't use my phone for more than catching up on the news, listening to music, and an occasional post to facebook or check up on my forums. I use the stock facebook app, Board Express for my 2 forums, CNN, ESPN score center, and I have a game or two.

Other than that, I text and call alot, so thats where my activities really are.

Ozi1950

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Like you mentioned, WP8 is so fluid and flawless and I appreciate that. I am constantly changing themes, customizing to my needs. With more and more apps coming out I feel WP8 would have a decent fight against iOS or Android. I agree it needs better support from developers.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am engaged with my phone all the time. I use it for both accomplishing work (2 Exchange accounts, Word, Excel, OneNote, LinkedIn, Navigon.) and entertaining myself (WPCentral, Windows Weekly and other podcasts on Xbox Music, CNN, USA Today, Bloomberg, Wikipedia, Weave, Vevo, and Family Room to name the Apps I use regularly. I'm not much of a gamer but I do like Cut the Rope, Flow Free, Bubble Birds, Tapitude, and Asphalt 7 Heat). I'm fully engaged with my phone. For the WP fans, let's make a point of showing our phones and what they can do, to others.

Last edited:

Lumiaddict

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
All great responses. I am definitely a WP8, and 7, fan. I try to spread the word about my Lumia being a solid, beautiful device that runs amazingly without errors or freezes.
I feel that it is STILL a little too far out from the mainstream needs of the average user or person who still desires the "im cool with my iphone" mentality.

Torch4x4

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm don't use games but occupied with news, info and entertainment apps like:
Weave, CNN, Twitter, Break, Pandora and some others.. all of them are good quality apps

menghai

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
The main reason i have a Windows Phone is because of the amazing Office/Outlook integration. having this phone means i dont HAVE to be chained to my work computer all day.Beyond that, I use Kindle, Lyrics, IM+.

raul_junior

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
i tottaly understand but if you look at posts from windows phone central from about a year ago they barely reported on top apps that came from other platforms, and if you look now at it, like every single day they report on new top apps coming! that is the main reason i don't dislike my phone, because i know windows phone is catching up, and i can't wait to hear nokia's earning report tomorrow lol

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
The entire ethos of the Windows Phone experience, like it was alluded to in that advert, is to do exactly what you're complaining about ironically. It's designed to tell you everything you need to know on one screen - your messages, phone calls, updates about your pinned family and friends and news from around the world, weather etc based on different live tiles and the apps you have. If you are actively seeking to waste your time having your face in your phone sure there are some apps and games that will do that but you have to realise that Windows Phone is trying to get your head out of your phone so you can have experiences outside of your phone. Think of your phone as a tool to do things with rather than something to sink time into. At least that's how I think of it.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The entire ethos of the Windows Phone experience, like it was alluded to in that advert, is to do exactly what you're complaining about ironically. It's designed to tell you everything you need to know on one screen - your messages, phone calls, updates about your pinned family and friends and news from around the world, weather etc based on different live tiles and the apps you have. If you are actively seeking to waste your time having your face in your phone sure there are some apps and games that will do that but you have to realise that Windows Phone is trying to get your head out of your phone so you can have experiences outside of your phone. Think of your phone as a tool to do things with rather than something to sink time into. At least that's how I think of it.

You are definitely a "glass half full" kind of person! :smile:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon