I Like To Windows Phone'ate When I'm Alone.

Lumiaddict

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
The entire ethos of the Windows Phone experience, like it was alluded to in that advert, is to do exactly what you're complaining about ironically. It's designed to tell you everything you need to know on one screen - your messages, phone calls, updates about your pinned family and friends and news from around the world, weather etc based on different live tiles and the apps you have. If you are actively seeking to waste your time having your face in your phone sure there are some apps and games that will do that but you have to realise that Windows Phone is trying to get your head out of your phone so you can have experiences outside of your phone. Think of your phone as a tool to do things with rather than something to sink time into. At least that's how I think of it.
There always has to be someone like this guy...lol. Just pipe down and go use your tool!

vwarp

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
How good is Office on Windows Phone. I am an Office /Skydrive user. I am in the Apple ecosystem though, and as such I only have iWorks on my mobile devices (it is great and works just fine and syncs seamlessly with iCloud) but I am an Office / Skydrive user. I can keep my Mac as Skydrive & Office 2011 works fine there but it would be great to have access to all my documents on my phone and be able to edit as necessary, that means Windows Phone. So, honestly what is your take on it?

YCSMD

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
How good is Office on Windows Phone. I am an Office /Skydrive user. I am in the Apple ecosystem though, and as such I only have iWorks on my mobile devices (it is great and works just fine and syncs seamlessly with iCloud) but I am an Office / Skydrive user. I can keep my Mac as Skydrive & Office 2011 works fine there but it would be great to have access to all my documents on my phone and be able to edit as necessary, that means Windows Phone. So, honestly what is your take on it?
Its nice in the sense that it doesnt mess up documents, integrates with Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint), but its not full office or anything. You cant edit every thing that full Office supports. And you may even get more features in a third party Office app on Android, BUT those also can screw up your documents pretty easily.

I must say that taking notes in OneNote on my tablet PC and then viewing them on my phone, handwriting and all, is great. Then when I want to put a photo in, I load up OneNote on my phone and take a photo and it adds and syncs it.

Works great for my Robotics work where we need to draw on pictures from the book.

In short, the Office/SkyDrive makes this phone great for me, but it could be improved.

vwarp

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I am going to try to get a hold of a W8 device to try it out. I can?t live without Office (regardless of the competition, and MSFT winks its eyes at me with so much Skydrive space). When I change my phone, a Windows device might be in order. It?s interesting that there are great third party options on Android, but I am a strange dude, I prefer the closed type system MSFT and Apple offer, and I haven?t had the best experiences with Android in the past. So really it is down to iOS or Windows Phone..

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What do you do that you find you cannot do on WP8? There are plenty of really fantastic apps on WP8. Are you the type that enjoys just trying free apps for the hell of it? Installing them, using them once or twice and its onto something else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven