What is your ideal screen size?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
4.3 inch is the ideal one.I fell in love with this particular screen size after seeing S2 and one of the reasons for choosing 820 over any other model is 4.3 inch factor

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Really? Even when you probably could have a 4.3" screen in a phone with the exact same measurements?

Id have to agree with him. I would like my phone itself be about 4.3 inches lol and not cause I have tiny hands. I'm 6'4", 190lbs, and size 16 shoe, I'm a big guy but I prefer a small phone.

I actually thought the veer was my dream phone for a while!

Bartdog

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 920 is almost too big. I have to shift the phone in my palm to be able to reach the upper lefthand corner of the screen with my thumb. No, I do not have muppet hands.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Id have to agree with him. I would like my phone itself be about 4.3 inches lol and not cause I have tiny hands. I'm 6'4", 190lbs, and size 16 shoe, I'm a big guy but I prefer a small phone.

I actually thought the veer was my dream phone for a while!

But the phone doesn't have to be much more than 4.3" to have a 4.3" screen. Its all about the bezel. The 920 for instance has a huge bezel.
The lumia 800 has a 3.7" screen on the same body as the n9 which has a 3.9" screen. And the bezel could clearly be far slimmer still, so a 4.3" shouldn't be a problem in the same frame.

I too have to shift the phone slightly to reach the top left corner,of the screen when holding it in my right hand (920).
Of course, the times i HAVE to hold my phone in one hand exclusively AND reach that part of the phone are absurdly few and far between, so it doesn't matter much, if at all.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I previously used an iPhone 4 and thought the 3.5 inch screen was perfect for me because I'm petite and have small hands with long fingers. But I prefer the 4.3 inch screen of my Lumia 810. I also played with a white Lumia 920 a few months back and loved the 4.5 inch screen. I think 4.5 inches is my limit, though.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
4.5 is my limit because my tiny fingers will not reach the other side if it's bigger.

Although I would prefer a holographic projected screen that way it can be any size I choose it to be.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what many have said on here. I think a big issue is bezel size. I love my 920 but it is a little big over all. If I could have a 4.5 in screen with minimal bezel that would be perfect. Although I pulled out my HP Veer the other day and still love that little phone. (2.6in)

Abdul Rahman Noor

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Right now I would say 4.3" because its 2013.
Two years ago I would have thought 3.7 was perfect and anything over 4" was far too big.
5 years ago when the first iPhone came out, everyone thought 3.5" was "huge".

My point is there is no ideal screen size because people's expectation in a smartphone is a moving target.
Who knows, maybe 10 years from now when flexible LEDs and holographic projections are commonplace, people will be laughing about how miserable it was to have a smartphone and be confined to a fixed 4"-5" display!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro