New info:

Samsung, HTC and LG join wireless charging alliance, compatible devices coming in 2014 | BGR

This may be the turning point where PMA becomes the Blu-ray to Qi's HD-DVD... I guess not a big deal in the short term for us who have phones with Qi, but hopefully WP8 adopts whatever will be the dominant standard in that area sooner than later so we can enjoy the benefits of charging in many locations effortlessly.
    04-17-2013 06:49 PM
    I don't think there much difference between how they work only the compatible issue but that about it.
    04-17-2013 06:50 PM
    I don't think there much difference between how they work only the compatible issue but that about it.
    Yes the tech is similar, but they are definitely not compatible. Also I guess there are some functional differences in terms of management of these charging stations that are in play as well, but I don't know the details myself right now. I just hope they standardize sooner than later so we all can benefit from having plenty of accessories, charging stations in a variety of businesses, airports, hotels, cars, etc., and not finding that we can or can't use it depending on where you are or what you own.
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    04-17-2013 07:00 PM
    Yes the tech is similar, but they are definitely not compatible. Also I guess there are some functional differences in terms of management of these charging stations that are in play as well, but I don't know the details myself right now. I just hope they standardize sooner than later so we all can benefit from having plenty of accessories, charging stations in a variety of businesses, airports, hotels, cars, etc., and not finding that we can or can't use it depending on where you are or what you own.
    Yea that will need sorting out sooner rather then later.
    04-17-2013 07:21 PM