Messaging via native integration on wp8 or skype?

spacejovi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Since windows live messenger has been integrated into Skype, we have now two options to do the live messenger chat, one via native messaging on wp8, and the other via Skype. I don't wanna use both because it drives me crazy when both messaging and skype tiles show me that I have 50 unread messages, which are exactly the same, while I'm actually doing the chat on my desktop:winktongue:. So I'm wondering which one is better, mainly in terms of power consumption. I would like to leave only one on.

I know Skype receives its own messages by push, but does it get messages from live messenger by push too? The native messaging on wp8 seems to have to maintain a constant connection with the server (is it correct?), so I guess it needs more battery resource than push, namely, Skype?

Does anyone know more about it? Thank you very much!:smile:

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Just my opinion really, but at present I'm keeping my Skype & FB separate. There doesn't seem to be much (if any) cost in battery life in having both connected. The built-in chat is push as well.

spacejovi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Just my opinion really, but at present I'm keeping my Skype & FB separate. There doesn't seem to be much (if any) cost in battery life in having both connected. The built-in chat is push as well.
Thank you. Then I think I will probably leave the native chat on, and use skype only for skype contacts. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon