Native email is terrible. Need help/suggestions

sirwannabe

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

How come my email only holds the most recent emails on my phone? On my previous phone I could scroll through my email history to my hearts content or use the search bar to pull up any email from any time, and how am I able to do this on WP8? For instance, on my previous phone I could get a plane ticket months in advance, and have the flight confirmation in my email history kept right there on my phone for when it was time to use the confirmation code etc, but on my Lumia this isnt possible. Not only does it not keep my flagged emails either, but flagging only works half the time which is weird and frustrating. As far as I've tried, I havent been able to find a way to create a folder within email either, to sort the ones I will need and to keep them from falling off the obscure very small email history cache that my 920 has. Is there a way to preserve certain emails, WITHIN email? Or at all? I do like what the phone can do a lot more than the other OS's out there, but since WP was not my first smartphone, some smartphone habits were made, and it doesnt frustrate me that WP does lots of things differently, it just frustrates me when I can't do something (that I could do on another OS consistently and easily) at all. Any ideas?

TL;DR emails disappear after a short period of time. Is there a way to preserve certain emails, WITHIN email? Or at all?

Thanks in advance

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to the email folder
Press the three dots
Settings
Sync Settings
"Download email from any time"

With regards to folders, I have a lot of subfolders on my account. The folders can't be created from the phone but from your provider directly.

Example, if you use gmail, create the subfolders and your rules when you log into gmail from your desktop. It will be synced to your phone.

The problem I have with folders is that you need to have them pinned to your start screen to get notifications. Either than or you check it manually by opening an email folder, selecting the three dots and then selecting "folders"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05