Backing Up Text Messages

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
First off, I've searched with no luck. So, I'm posing the question. I have a Lumia 900 on 7.8. I want to know of an app that allows me to backup my text messages. On Android, I had an app that backed them up to my Gmail account. Very nice since I had separated from my ex at the time and that's the only way she communicated. I'd like to do that on my current device, so if anyone knows of an app that would assist with this, I'd appreciate the help in being pointed in the right direction. Thanks.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You need dev unlocked phone and a home brew app called Text backup. Without unlock WP doesn't give access to these apps, not in WP7. WP8 supports native back up to Skydrive.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
You need dev unlocked phone and a home brew app called Text backup. Without unlock WP doesn't give access to these apps, not in WP7. WP8 supports native back up to Skydrive.

is there now a way to see the text messages on skydrive? I used to have my text messages back up to gmail on android to, ex wife as well. Was really useful, its certainly one feature I'm missing on WP8.

MrSean490

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
People are having difficulties finding & reading their WP8 auto-backup SMS on Skydrive, so don't be so certain that it's the best path for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea