SMS vs. Messenger - Help??

Vic_Tye

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm was the first of my friends to jump to WP-8 from iOS and now another couple have jumped too after falling for the OS & my 8X

Both show in their hub as being online but I can only see one of them, none of us can figure out how to see each other but that's ok as we still SMS but the other friend is showing in my Online status as available.

My question is though: I go offline and my mate texts me.(or thinks he does) it didn't come through until I went online again via my status under the Me tile

What gives? Can I get rid of messenger? Id rather have text messages coming thru??

Thanks all

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm was the first of my friends to jump to WP-8 from iOS and now another couple have jumped too after falling for the OS & my 8X

Both show in their hub as being online but I can only see one of them, none of us can figure out how to see each other but that's ok as we still SMS but the other friend is showing in my Online status as available.

My question is though: I go offline and my mate texts me.(or thinks he does) it didn't come through until I went online again via my status under the Me tile

What gives? Can I get rid of messenger? Id rather have text messages coming thru??

Thanks all

Yes you can turn off messenger - go to messaging hub, tap ..., tap settings, in the list of on-off switches turn off chat back up and turn off facebook chat and then go offline from ME Hub.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos