How do I Change the keyboard layout?

DANGEROUSSCION

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
that's a shame, because I hate the qwerty keyboard, at least with my Android mobile I could change the keyboard. Might consider going back, there are so many more features with an Android.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Its because the current keyboard in wp8 isn't that good. Its great for some things, for instance it writes English fairly well, but if Im mixing languages, which I do alot, it blows compared to Swiftkey.
And no option to have a numpad style keyboard is kind of weird. Such an easy thing to implement, and also what the OP was asking for.
I don't think that qualifies as "android style customization".
It's not like he's asking for each letter to be in a separate colour, all in different fonts and with the entire keyboard gathered solely on the right half of the screen or anything.

WP wants to keep it clean, that's fine. But some entry level customization would be a big improvement. Like being able to change the colour of your tiles individually, or impose a picture on your tiles on your current homescreen setup (mosaic style), or simply switching from qwerty to t9.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Its because the current keyboard in wp8 isn't that good. Its great for some things, for instance it writes English fairly well, but if Im mixing languages, which I do alot, it blows compared to Swiftkey.
And no option to have a numpad style keyboard is kind of weird. Such an easy thing to implement, and also what the OP was asking for.
I don't think that qualifies as "android style customization".
It's not like he's asking for each letter to be in a separate colour, all in different fonts and with the entire keyboard gathered solely on the right half of the screen or anything.

WP wants to keep it clean, that's fine. But some entry level customization would be a big improvement. Like being able to change the colour of your tiles individually, or impose a picture on your tiles on your current homescreen setup (mosaic style), or simply switching from qwerty to t9.

If you're writing messages using more than one language, how come you can't switch languages on the fly, via keyboard? I switch from English To French or English to Chinese (ex) fairly quickly. You can add a different language in addition to your regular keyboard. Am I missing something?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can do that, if Im switching from one language to the other between messages.
However, I use them interchangeably during the same text, and switching several times in one text gets tedious :) .

vcoppije

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I also wanted the azerty keyboard (Dutch - Belgium) instead of the Querty.

What I did is delete the other installed keyboards and only keep the required Dutch keyboard.
This solved my problem.

Regards,
Vincent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa