Hi all
    Just saw an add on Nokia US's Facebook wall that had this image attached to the ad. Has anyone seen clear live tiles like this before?? It looks freaking cool, but I'm not sure how they're doing it.

screen-shot-2013-04-19-2.52.48-pm.jpg
    BIGPADDY, Mahdi Ghiasi and Muessig like this.
    04-19-2013 05:57 PM
    Yes, that's the amazing Skinnery app that let's you set your tiles as background tiles :)
    sjhippie likes this.
    04-19-2013 06:01 PM
    Ahh...yup, indeed it is. Kinda cool, they just need to add more app compatibility. Would love to see clear live tiles as an option down the road though. Thanks for the answer!
    04-19-2013 06:12 PM
    Doesn't really work since basically none of my apps are represented :( .

Its really insane that i cant choose something like that natively in wp.
    04-19-2013 06:16 PM
    Interesting experiment would be while viewing all your tiles to use the rear camera and have the image from the camera imposed on the tiles. I saw a developer on Android that did something like it so you could see the ground while texting to avoid tripping.

This but on your tiles:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incorporateapps.walktext&hl=en
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 04-19-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    04-19-2013 06:20 PM
    Yes, that's the amazing Skinnery app that let's you set your tiles as background tiles :)
    wait what's the app called? skinner? i can't find it in the windows phone app store
    04-19-2013 11:44 PM
    wait what's the app called? skinner? i can't find it in the windows phone app store
    Search results for "skinery tiles pro" | Windows Phone (United States)
    rimlover likes this.
    04-19-2013 11:50 PM
    Wow, that looks amazing. I'll have to check it out.
    04-20-2013 11:25 PM
    yes, it does look great, but the number of applications it supports at this time is rather limited. It also does not support many/perhaps none, of the native phone features. So while it's really potentially quite beautiful, she really won't give me the time of day. Wait, wrong metaphor.
    04-21-2013 02:27 AM
    yes, it does look great, but the number of applications it supports at this time is rather limited. It also does not support many/perhaps none, of the native phone features. So while it's really potentially quite beautiful, she really won't give me the time of day. Wait, wrong metaphor.
    Yeah, after looking into it I found it wasn't really for me. Almost none of the apps I have on my start screen were supported. I would love to see some functionality like that come one day to all apps.
    04-21-2013 09:21 AM
    Cool app but essentially pointless without things like messaging, phone, etc... being supported
    04-21-2013 11:17 AM
    Probably a prototype :p
    04-21-2013 11:51 AM
    No, its just that WP is so closed on customization that these awesome ideas cant really work. Sadly, its one of the reasons Im switching from my 920.
    04-21-2013 12:16 PM
    No, its just that WP is so closed on customization that these awesome ideas cant really work. Sadly, its one of the reasons Im switching from my 920.
    Uh... But... It does work? Don't you see the picture?
    04-21-2013 04:26 PM
    It cannot replace my tiles with an image, it doesnt do much good. Replacing 1 out of 60+ tile backgrounds really isnt what ypu want with an app like this.
    What Im saying cant work is the concept.
    04-21-2013 05:27 PM
    It cannot replace my tiles with an image, it doesnt do much good. Replacing 1 out of 60+ tile backgrounds really isnt what ypu want with an app like this.
    What Im saying cant work is the concept.
    Well... Atleast we got a functioning system with features added as we go along instead of a system that they're trying to get functional. After two years of the Android-mess... I couldn't be happier.
    04-22-2013 06:53 AM
    It's not even available in the UK store so I can't complain it doesn't support any of my apps, dammit!
    04-22-2013 07:10 AM
    Well... Atleast we got a functioning system with features added as we go along instead of a system that they're trying to get functional. After two years of the Android-mess... I couldn't be happier.
    Well that's a debate. For me, android has things it does far better than wp, and wp has things it does better.
    Personally, i value the things android does better higher than the things WP does better.
    I never saw android as a mess, by the way. Any examples?
    04-22-2013 07:48 AM
    It's not even available in the UK store so I can't complain it doesn't support any of my apps, dammit!

Skinery Tiles Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
    04-23-2013 05:40 AM
    For people wanting more apps to be usable in Skinery check out this thread

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...our-phone.html

or this page

Join the Skinery Movement
    04-23-2013 06:41 AM
    Well that's a debate. For me, android has things it does far better than wp, and wp has things it does better.
    Personally, i value the things android does better higher than the things WP does better.
    I never saw android as a mess, by the way. Any examples?
    Android is more versatile, but less stable and less fluid.

Examples of what? Horrible experiences?
    04-23-2013 06:52 AM
    icon/tiles/whatever you want to call it is non of the MS business. Each app dev design their own representation.
    04-23-2013 06:58 AM
    Giddora: ime android is as stable and as fluid, but that's neither here nor there.

Not examples about bad experiences, as that's a weird thing to draw from what i wrote, but rather examples of why android is a mess :) .

Huime: agreed, however its the users business how he would like his phone in appearance. At least it could be with very little effort and no real dampener on the ease of use that already exists.

Skjnery would be amazingly cool if it didn't have to limit itself to a few apps. Imagine this ability on the entire home screen. It would be amazingly more awesome, imo.
    04-23-2013 07:26 AM