Instead of pinning a bunch of websites on my start screen, especially since we can't find the image and it's an ugly screenshot of the page, I'd like to make IE start with the bookmarks so I can choose the websites I want to go to. Is that possible in any way? Either a page or the bookmark meny itself?

Thank you :)
    04-21-2013 09:12 AM
    i don't think you can pin the bookmarks page on the startscreen, but what you can do is: download some app which can create custom tiles. Create one with the image you want it to have on the startscreen and link it to the site you like (you can do this with most of the custom tile apps). This way you can just tap on the tile you created and have the site you wanted opened for you. I know it's not perfect, but it works ;)
    04-21-2013 09:22 AM
    I didn't know such app existed! :)

Are you talking about apps that create a link to their website with a custom tile and when you tap the tile you go to that website that redirects to the real one?
    04-21-2013 09:25 AM
    Instead of pinning a bunch of websites on my start screen, especially since we can't find the image and it's an ugly screenshot of the page, I'd like to make IE start with the bookmarks so I can choose the websites I want to go to. Is that possible in any way? Either a page or the bookmark meny itself?

Thank you :)
    The best way for it is to open your bookmarked page, and tap three dots, and tap pin to start screen. :)
    04-21-2013 09:26 AM
    The best way for it is to open your bookmarked page, and tap three dots, and tap pin to start screen. :)
    I think OP knows that he can do that: "especially since we can't find the image and it's an ugly screenshot of the page,"

:)
    04-21-2013 09:45 AM
    I found two already! I'll try them out. Thank you! :D
    Gergolos likes this.
    04-21-2013 09:55 AM
    I didn't know such app existed! :)

Are you talking about apps that create a link to their website with a custom tile and when you tap the tile you go to that website that redirects to the real one?
    Hey there, sry. Didn't see your posting. I don't think they redirect to the site you link. They just open the app (the custom tile app you are using) which opens your link with the internet explorer (sometimes you can see the custom-tile-app opening and closing very fast right before internet explorer opens your link).

I hope it works for you :)
    04-21-2013 10:04 AM
    Great I just bought Custom Tile Maker Pro that does exactly what I need. Now I can pin websites with their logo!

Thank you all! :)
    04-21-2013 10:21 AM
    Great I just bought Custom Tile Maker Pro that does exactly what I need. Now I can pin websites with their logo!

Thank you all! :)
    Well you just need to download the logo/picture you want to be on the tile and create the live-tile using that picture and the link you want to be opened :)
    04-21-2013 10:28 AM
    Exactly! ;)
    04-21-2013 01:53 PM
    Exactly! ;)
    Haha, I read "How can I pin websites...." and not "Now I can pin..." :D sry for that :D
    04-21-2013 04:11 PM
    Ha ha ha! No problem! ;)
    04-21-2013 05:14 PM