30 minutes tile update.

Luiz Rezende

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hell all,

I have a Lumia 800 with WP7.8

One thing that I do not like in WP is the app limitation that only shows updates every 30 minutes in the home screen.
(i.e. Whatsapp shows delayed messages when the app is in background).

How is that in WP 8???? I see many battery apps, a Clock tile (HTC phones).
They removed this limitation? we can now receive app notifications in real time?

Thank you.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hell all,

I have a Lumia 800 with WP7.8

One thing that I do not like in WP is the app limitation that only shows updates every 30 minutes in the home screen.
(i.e. Whatsapp shows delayed messages when the app is in background).

How is that in WP 8???? I see many battery apps, a Clock tile (HTC phones).
They removed this limitation? we can now receive app notifications in real time?

Thank you.

Not sure about wp 7.x as I hated them for many reaons which am not telling you LOL, but the update alerts in wp8 (L720) are almost instant, be it whatsapp or emails. The basic apps (Messaging, Email, Phone, Store Updates) work flawlessly, third part app that have bugs need attention and repair from the third party and not windows.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Push Notification doesn't have the 30-min constrain. If Whatsapp doesn't use push notification, that's app's problem.

^ This, that 30min rule is mostly used by apps that needs little attention, like lock screen, battery meter, weather, etc., but apps like Wpcentral can update anytime wpcentral pushes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo